DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exploring a glacier and ice cave in the Alaskan winter with the Mavic Pro

JakeS

Reactions
I have had the Mavic Pro since it first came out and the more I use it the more I like it.

There were a few more shots I wanted to get but I fortunately it was 10f and my batteries were all done...

Last edited:
Fantastic Video! One of the best I've seen. Great subject matter, photography and sound track! Two thumbs up!

Reactions: JakeS
Wow, great job! Very entertaining and professionally done. Love the way you put the aerial shots in as if done by someone else. The aerials helped tell the story, rather than "being" the story. That is key to great Maivik footage. Well done!!

Reactions: JakeS
How long did the whole trip take? I'm in kansas so just watching this was a adventure. Great job. I would love to do this sometime.

Thanks! The whole trip took about 6 hours 3 of that was driving time from/to my house. 3 was hiking and exploring. Summer would likely be a bit easier. We had to do it fairly fast since our day light is only about 5 hours at the moment. We were racing to get back to the car before it got too dark lol. I plan to go back on a nicer day this spring/summer and do it again maybe go up higher on the mountains since there will be much more light. I’ll be waiting till after avalanche season is done though!

Cheers

Jake

Mid June is great but be sure and have some bear deterrent with you as they will be quite active by that time! Also hiking with a group helps tremendously. Once you are higher up out of the brush the danger goes down quite a bit. Usually the weather is the best in June as well as you’ll get nearly 18hours of sun light ;).

Reactions: ceirsik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc