DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extended drone ranges.

What about a repeater for extended drone range?
The best solution is from Titan Drones. A repeater won't work because you can't tap into the communication between the bird and the controller.
I have a Titan Cyclone. Here is my Youtube page, you can check it out. Jayson

I don't have a good setup yet for my youtube videos so they are kinda rough around the edges if ya know what I mean.

Do you have a particular model of drone in mind? I would think that the batteries in most drones would not last any longer than for the specified maximum range so extending the range might be a pointless exercise.
While u are right ....you are missing the big pic here. It will give u better video transmission and control signal. U will have way less glitches/warnings. That is if u experience this frequently then going with a titan/maxxuav is the ticket. I know with my mavic air i always had crappy transmission in an urban environment, and lag in sport mode. Put on a raptor sr and that all went away. Super fluid video transmission. So all in all made flying a better experience. So sometimes its not all about installing these antennas for absolute range ....

Reactions: deleted member 877
While u are right ....you are missing the big pic here. It will give u better video transmission and control signal. U will have way less glitches/warnings. That is if u experience this frequently then going with a titan/maxxuav is the ticket. I know with my mavic air i always had crappy transmission in an urban environment, and lag in sport mode. Put on a raptor sr and that all went away. Super fluid video transmission. So all in all made flying a better experience. So sometimes its not all about installing these antennas for absolute range ....

Of course, that makes complete sense. I didn't think of that aspect - many thanks.

Edit: However I saw this post by DJI support in regard to third-party devices:-

"Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do not recommend to use third-party accessories for drones since it will void the warranty once it has been damaged. "

Any report using 4Hawks raptor sr antenna booster

Last edited:
Of course, that makes complete sense. I didn't think of that aspect - many thanks.

Edit: However I saw this post by DJI support in regard to third-party devices:-

"Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do not recommend to use third-party accessories for drones since it will void the warranty once it has been damaged. "

Any report using 4Hawks raptor sr antenna booster
Yes it will void warranty but if u are already thinking of doing this and have it on the mind...lets face it you are probably going to install it lol. U also can uninstall new antenna, put old antennas back on and send remote back to dji if need be...they would never know besides physical damage from stripping screws, or man handling remote like a bear during install .. so just take your time while installing and use the right driver for screws so they dont see stripped out screw heads and scratches everywhere. (Recommend mip best drivers) anyway do a clean install and keep stock antennas and u should be ok....now for your question i have tried maxxuav/itelite, titan, and raptor sr (engineers from itelite make raptor) on p4, p4p,spark, and mavic pro/air .....titan is really good and like the boosted setups but my choice is raptor even unboosted performance is awesome. I think the biggest difference between drones i saw was on mavic air....night and day difference....anyway has great video transmission is super clear, the unit is relatively cheap compared to other brands....and if u are into distance u will need extended batteries!

Edit...and of course dji would not recommend it....why would they ;)

Reactions: deleted member 877
What about a repeater for extended drone range?
as stated above, a repeater isn't really an option for a mavic pro. however, it may be more of an option for a dji spark.
if you want some serious range, you could set up a ground station with some real antennas and amplifiers. to connect to it, you'd need to modify your controller to accept SMA or RPSMA (or even QMA with an adapter for convenience).
worried about warranty? buy a used second controller - they're dirt cheap now.

i'm thinking of stashing sectorial antennas in my patio umbrella :cool: and then maybe run 4w amps (check your local laws).
a repeater solution would be ideal for when you need to get around significant objects, but to me it just seems like more work than finding a nice spot up on a hill and running a modded dji go 4 app (2.57ghz at 1.5watts) with drone/controller in stock form.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569