DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely Hot IPAD

RodgerC

Reactions
I'm using the (6th generation) 9.4 inch IPAD instead of my Samsung S10+ with my Mavic Mini. I did use my phone for a couple of flights and noticed it also was getting warm. I just started flying and my flights are normally 8-10 minutes in length. When I land and start dismantling things, I've noticed that my the back of my IPAD is extremely hot. Kind of afraid that it's going to overheat and I'll end up losing my Mavic Mini. Is this normal?? Any suggestions??? Thanks

to help it to keep cool you should delete or disable any apps that you dont need for the fly app to run and also disable cache to device in the settings the fly app is very power hungry and uses a lot of the CPU when its running also try to keep the ipad out of direct sunlight with a hood if you can

Reactions: ff22 and FlyoverDRN
I've had the same issue with an Android pad. It seems to be related to being out under direct and HOT sunlight. I suspect it might be the screen pushing for full brightness. Or, possible the sun beating down on it. My pad gets so hot it shuts down.

Reactions: ff22
I've had the same issue with an Android pad. It seems to be related to being out under direct and HOT sunlight. I suspect it might be the screen pushing for full brightness. Or, possible the sun beating down on it. My pad gets so hot it shuts down.
I had a couple Droid Turbo 2's laying around, so I set it up with the fly app. As soon as I went into the sun (90F), I started getting a low battery warning on the display. After it landed, the mini was very hot and battery was down to 30%, and this is after 5 mins. Tried it with the other droid, same results. I then used the S8, and happy to say I was able to get a good 45 minutes flight time before I called it quits for the day. There was no issue with either battery. I was going to get a android tablet, but now I looking more toward;s an IOS tablet that will be strictly used with the drone. As I do intend to upgrade by Xmas, I want a tablet that will be compatible with whatever DJI product I get next. The mini is my 75th birthday present from my #3 son. I really love my present as it brought back a world that I once knew 50 years ago, when I was a CC on a huey flying in a foreign land.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998