DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA LAANC GOOD NEWS

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Yeah. Clicked the link, laughed, closed the window. It's Twitter, not Youtube. Just fart out the information in under 240 characters. You can do it. Really.

Listen, if you aren't interested in watching an informative video then just skip it. Some people actually prefer a video (I know I do). Getting information out to the masses is a HUGE undertaking for the FAA and skipping any form of pushing the information out would be negligent. They utilize every social media avenue possible to reach as many UAS operators as possible. Please explain to me in any way HOW that could be a negative?

If you don't have anything nice/positive to post on a thread then just skip it and go to the next post. You can do it, REALLY!

So, is this one of those forums where the official policy is if you don’t like or agree with something someone else posts you just shut up and move along? (Serious question; I’ve been using forums since before FIDONET and it’s always good to know when you run into one of those places that will bust your chops for any expression of displeasure.)

So, is this one of those forums where the official policy is if you don’t like or agree with something someone else posts you just shut up and move along? (Serious question; I’ve been using forums since before FIDONET and it’s always good to know when you run into one of those places that will bust your chops for any expression of displeasure.)

Not at all but the forum is about being nice and respectful. Being negative helps no one and only detracts from those who are truly interested and wanting to gain more knowledge.

Also, those of us who are affiliated with the FAA and who are tasked to help get the information out to the public might( aka DO) take your derogatory remarks as an insult to our hard work. We spend literally countless hours every week posting, sharing, speaking, teaching, and trying to help share the information so we can all be a bit more informed and HOPEFULLY safer when flying in the NAS.

Not at all but the forum is about being nice and respectful. Being negative helps no one and only detracts from those who are truly interested and wanting to gain more knowledge.

Also, those of us who are affiliated with the FAA and who are tasked to help get the information out to the public might( aka DO) take your derogatory remarks as an insult to our hard work. We spend literally countless hours every week posting, sharing, speaking, teaching, and trying to help share the information so we can all be a bit more informed and HOPEFULLY safer when flying in the NAS.
OK, then please take this constructive criticism in the spirit with which it's meant: when someone posts a link on a forum with the title "FAA LAANC GOOD NEWS" and doesn't elaborate at all, and the link goes to a Tweet and that tweet links to a video you have to watch, it is essentially click bait. And click bait is annoying.

And it's not even that people don't have attention span to watch such things, it's that forums and Twitter are communications mediums that are designed to express things primarily through text with supplementary media. If I were on TikTok right now and not on a PHP webforum I'd have to be nuts to be annoyed that someone just dropped a video with no explanation... but this isn't TikTok. Tell me *why* I want to watch that video and maybe I'll watch it. The fact that an official, checkmarked Twitter account for an agency of the U.S. government tweeted something that is apparently highly relevant to the audience it is aimed at and still managed to only amass a whopping 8 retweets and 17 likes is probably a good indicator that They're Doing It Wrong.

At least they gave it subtitles. That was smart.

Anyhow, it really isn't that big of a deal, I was just offhandedly having a chuckle with the other guy in the thread who was annoyed by this.

OK, then please take this constructive criticism in the spirit with which it's meant: when someone posts a link on a forum with the title "FAA LAANC GOOD NEWS" and doesn't elaborate at all, and the link goes to a Tweet and that tweet links to a video you have to watch, it is essentially click bait. And click bait is annoying.

And it's not even that people don't have attention span to watch such things, it's that forums and Twitter are communications mediums that are designed to express things primarily through text with supplementary media. If I were on TikTok right now and not on a PHP webforum I'd have to be nuts to be annoyed that someone just dropped a video with no explanation... but this isn't TikTok. Tell me *why* I want to watch that video and maybe I'll watch it. The fact that an official, checkmarked Twitter account for an agency of the U.S. government tweeted something that is apparently highly relevant to the audience it is aimed at and still managed to only amass a whopping 8 retweets and 17 likes is probably a good indicator that They're Doing It Wrong.

At least they gave it subtitles. That was smart.

Anyhow, it really isn't that big of a deal, I was just offhandedly having a chuckle with the other guy in the thread who was annoyed by this.
I think you summed up my thoughts exactly. Unless I'm on this forum in the section about videos, video clips aren't really my thing and takes up unnecessary bandwidth.

I ended up watching the video. It basically says

Between now and the end of September 2021, LAANC UAS Service Suppliers will transition their applications to reflect changes to the UAS Facility Maps Quad Grids and allow for near-real time approval of night airspace authorization requests. In the meantime, drone pilots may operate at night through LAANC using a national authorization.
This is me being positive. Here is the rest of the story for those who don't like video shorts.

With an improved title.
"FAA works to improve LAANC for better night approval"

I was hoping was going to say there would be a tighter integration between DJI and LAANC. The two differ in areas and it would be nice to have a single approval system. I dont mind the video, thanks for the update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d