DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Part 107 testing

plenty stuff online for free... youtube... google...

passed 1st time after 2 weeks of brief evening study...

Yes, I did self study. I used this book:
Remote Pilot Test prep

At $18.00 it is very good. You also get the supplement that you will be given at the test center. The instruction booklet has lots of questions to get you used to the Sectional Charts and other items like METAR's and TAF's. The book includes 5 online practice tests for when you think you are ready.

Also, youtube has tons of good videos. This one you should watch several times: Tony Northrup's Free Certification Guide

3DR.com also has a bunch of FREE test questions that are similar to the ones you will see on the test - great practice. 3DR Test Questions

Good luck in your prep.
This is what I used as well... except the 2018 version. The practice exams helped out immensely and let me know what I needed to study.

Reactions: Montana John
I highly recommend the ASA Prepware 2019 CD-based study guide. It's available for under $13.00 online. It included almost all of the Sectional Charts which were on the exam. Its questions and explanations were spot-on.
I studied less than 20 hrs, and scored 95%. Missed 3 questions. Would have gotten 2 of them right had I studied a bit more. With, ASA , I spent less money, put in a LOT less study time, and still scored well!

Reactions: GregD
I highly recommend the ASA Prepware 2019 CD-based study guide. It's available for under $13.00 online. It included almost all of the Sectional Charts which were on the exam. Its questions and explanations were spot-on.
I studied less than 20 hrs, and scored 95%. Missed 3 questions. Would have gotten 2 of them right had I studied a bit more. With, ASA , I spent less money, put in a LOT less study time, and still scored well!
Whatever you do, unless you have a really hard time with tests, NO $150 courses, unless you have extra money.

Man...sure are a lot of you "old farts" flyin' drones...LOL!!!
At 72 you have to find some way of "keeping it up"! :) Older rotary wing (helicopter) mechanic who still works on U.S. Army aircraft.. :)

I respect Tony Northrup for what he has done with that vid, and to have it available for free, but there are many things inaccurate in that video. He needs to fix them. Obvious he is not a pilot.

I respect Tony Northrup for what he has done with that vid, and to have it available for free, but there are many things inaccurate in that video. He needs to fix them. Obvious he is not a pilot.
I saw a couple of errors, but not what I could call many. I saw unclear explanations, such as the one for density altitude. Can you give some examples of errors, maybe two or three, please. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan