DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Subscription Change?

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
Received the message below this AM from Federal Aviation Administration • [email protected]
Have not logged on to FAA site in several months. Anyone else receive this?

You have made the following changes to your U.S. Federal Aviation Administration subscriptions:
You unsubscribed from topics:
UAS Part 107
You will receive an email update when new information becomes available.

Reactions: sparksalive
I rec'd it as well, have not been logged in recently and did not change any subscriptions.

Many are getting that. We "assume" they are making some changes to the subscription services at the FAA (possibly having to do with new rules etc) and we are all getting this email.

I have a request in and once I have more "official" work I'll report here.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I just got an email yesterday that said i was unsubscribed from FAA UAS Part 107 - Subscription Change Confirmation was the subject. I didn't unsubscribe from anything from the FAA. Did they change something with Part 107?

Also received the email. I am also a Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor so I checked my FAASafety.gov account and sUAS 107 is checked as a preference. Dealing with the FAA since 1984 I "can't imagine they would make an error!!"

Ditto, I got the same email this morning

Received the message below this AM from Federal Aviation Administration • [email protected]
Have not logged on to FAA site in several months. Anyone else receive this?

You have made the following changes to your U.S. Federal Aviation Administration subscriptions:
You unsubscribed from topics:
UAS Part 107
You will receive an email update when new information becomes available.
As a follow up, did a Google search and came up empty. Next went to FAA website to check my account. The FAA home page does not have a login link. Had to Google that and found Login Page. Guess what? Message that says could not find email address and password to login. Tried 5 times and was locked out. Trying to reset Password but have to wait 10 minutes. Tried again but had to create new account. After creating new account and password told to wait 10 minutes again to wait to login. DUH!!!!

As a follow up, did a Google search and came up empty. Next went to FAA website to check my account. The FAA home page does not have a login link. Had to Google that and found Login Page. Guess what? Message that says could not find email address and password to login. Tried 5 times and was locked out. Trying to reset Password but have to wait 10 minutes. Tried again but had to create new account. After creating new account and password told to wait 10 minutes again to wait to login. DUH!!!!

I logged into mine this morning (every day) and all was good. I wonder what the mix-up is on your account. Did you reach out to FAA IT?

Reactions: Recoveryone
I just got an email yesterday that said i was unsubscribed from FAA UAS Part 107 - Subscription Change Confirmation was the subject. I didn't unsubscribe from anything from the FAA. Did they change something with Part 107?
makes me wonder if Part 107 is going away.

• Haha
Reactions: Recoveryone
makes me wonder if Part 107 is going away.

Going away? Oh heaven's NO! It's definitely changing (for the better) later this month but not going away.

Here's the official word:

This morning, we did a little housekeeping with our email distribution lists. Many of you received a “Part 107 unsubscribe” email as a result.
?
Rest assured, you will continue to receive all FAA updates. #SorryForTheConfusion

Here's the official word:

This morning, we did a little housekeeping with our email distribution lists. Many of you received a “Part 107 unsubscribe” email as a result.
?
Rest assured, you will continue to receive all FAA updates. #SorryForTheConfusion
Thanks for figuring this out.

I got the email too and contacted the FAA about a security breach or spam. This is their response:

Thank you for alerting us to your concern regarding the “Part 107 unsubscribe” notification you received. There was no security breach or other issue regarding your information. The message was sent to some subscribers as a result of list maintenance activities. You will continue to receive all FAA updates you have subscribed to. We apologize for the confusion.

Thank you for contacting the FAA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems Support Center.

Ditto. I received this message as well. Thanks for the updates.

I received the same message. Thanks BigAl for looking into this.

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure