DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Survey

AZDave

Reactions
I just received an email with this text:

"Dear UAS Operator,

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is conducting a survey of registered Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operators. This survey is used to determine UAS activity across the United States and help to predict future UAS activity. This information is important to the FAA for improving services for UAS operators, increasing the safety of both manned and unmanned aviation, allocating fund for UAS traffic management, and estimating the cost of regulations on the public.

Your responses and opinions are very important to the FAA. The weblink below takes you to the FAA UAS survey on Survey Monkey. The information you provide is private and will not be shared with other government offices, agencies, or departments. However, aggregate data, such as the average response to a question for all respondents, will be shared within the FAA to increase safety and inform policy. As such, please answer the questions to the best of your ability so that the FAA has the most accurate information when making decisions, which could directly affect you."

The email is from an outfit called research.net and includes a unique link for my response. Anyone else get something like this, and does it sound legit?

I am a cynic about this kind of stuff...I would not respond...unless you do hear from some guys on here that also got it...but if you are the only one...it seems shady

Sounds fishy to me. When I receive alerts and such from the FAA it is always from this address [email protected]

The email you received sounds more like some third party interest trying to garner information from UAS enthusiasts, and quite honestly not in the interest of recreational fliers or individual 107 certified pilots.

Yeah.... No!
How do they know you have a drone?
If they do know then you need to do a better job at covering your tracks.... IMO.
Privacy and Security is my main concern.

Yeah.... No!
How do they know you have a drone?
If they do know then you need to do a better job at covering your tracks.... IMO.
Privacy and Security is my main concern.
Well I suppose if it really is the FAA and you have either a TRUST or a 107 certificate then they know your email address.

I received and completed the survey. It was real and did not ask for personal info, just opinions on a few questions. I dont recall the questions but it was a quick process. Seems like it was about a month ago that I received mine. I assumed they asked since I have both a 107 and TRUST using my real email address.

I just received an email with this text:

"Dear UAS Operator,

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is conducting a survey of registered Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operators. This survey is used to determine UAS activity across the United States and help to predict future UAS activity. This information is important to the FAA for improving services for UAS operators, increasing the safety of both manned and unmanned aviation, allocating fund for UAS traffic management, and estimating the cost of regulations on the public.

Your responses and opinions are very important to the FAA. The weblink below takes you to the FAA UAS survey on Survey Monkey. The information you provide is private and will not be shared with other government offices, agencies, or departments. However, aggregate data, such as the average response to a question for all respondents, will be shared within the FAA to increase safety and inform policy. As such, please answer the questions to the best of your ability so that the FAA has the most accurate information when making decisions, which could directly affect you."

The email is from an outfit called research.net and includes a unique link for my response. Anyone else get something like this, and does it sound legit?
Yes - I received a similar email. It appears to be legitimate:

I also received one. I was a little suspicious, but verified the sender information and it came from faa.gov. I took the survey. It was pretty quick and simple.

Well I suppose if it really is the FAA and you have either a TRUST or a 107 certificate then they know your email address.
I will not do a survey that might open up to more of the same. FAA allows for "third" party surveyors.
No thanks.
You can search for the info and you will find it.
I will go out of my way to block it on my computer and phone.

I will not do a survey that might open up to more of the same. FAA allows for "third" party surveyors.
No thanks.
You can search for the info and you will find it.
I will go out of my way to block it on my computer and phone.
I have some anti-FAA shiny wrapping you can use to make a hat if you like....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929