DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Toolkit Link for Law Enforcement

AMann

Reactions
A useful link for those interested in seeing the information FAA is providing to law enforcement regarding public UAS.

It would be good to copy some of the materials here to hand out if you are ever encountered by a law enforcement officer who is interested and would like to learn more about drones, or while doing a drone demonstration for law-enforcement. It would help them to better understand their legal responsibilities regarding public UAS rules.

Last edited:
Watched the video, interesting that the cops are being told to use Common sense above all else and that the Peeping Tom laws will be there best use in private property. All in All no matter what we should respect whatever decision they make on any flight they consider a violation as its going to be reported to the FAA .

This is a good watch. Thank you for sharing.

One thing i was wondering do the Police have the ability to COA drone pilots with 107

Phantomrain.org
Coal

A useful link for those interested in seeing the information FAA is providing to law enforcement regarding public UAS.

It would be good to copy some of the materials here to hand out if you are ever encountered by a law enforcement officer, especially one that does not understand their legal responsibilities regarding public UAS rules.

A lot of reading I need to do!

Watched the video, interesting that the cops are being told to use Common sense above all else and that the Peeping Tom laws will be there best use in private property. All in All no matter what we should respect whatever decision they make on any flight they consider a violation as its going to be reported to the FAA .

This is a good watch. Thank you for sharing.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

I just edited my post above, make copies of the info card and other information to hand out to an LEO if needed in helping them understand their legal responsibilities regarding public UAS.

I just edited my post above, make copies of the info card and other information to hand out to an LEO if needed in helping them understand their legal responsibilities regarding public UAS.

I just cannot see educating law enforcement the right thing to do by letting them know the laws, makes no sense to me that I would escalate as that video clearly shows they have the decision making process to decide what is good and what they feel is wrong.

maybe some law enforcement will chime in.

Phantomrain.org
coal

I just cannot see educating law enforcement the right thing to do by letting them know the laws, makes no sense to me that I would escalate as that video clearly shows they have the decision making process to decide what is good and what they feel is wrong.

maybe some law enforcement will chime in.

Phantomrain.org
coal

You mean like me? Ok, politely handing a brochure to a park ranger (like I was) or other law enforcement officer while chatting or doing presentations about drones would be highly appreciated by most. I wouldn’t shove it in their face while they are investigating an incident or trying to arrest someone though. ;)

Last edited:
You mean like me? Ok, politely handing a brochure to a park ranger (like I was)
or other law enforcement officer while chatting about drones would be highly appreciated by most. I wouldn’t shove it in their face while they are investigating an incident or trying to arrest someone though. ;)

Ok i was taking it in a different context, thank you.

Reactions: AMann
NEVER be confrontational with officers Smith and Wesson! They will always win.

Just be respectful and chose the right time and place to educate LEOs. Respect gets respect — these guys and gals have a tough enough job. Try being a drone ambassador.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE