DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Factory Reset Mavic 2 Pro - Sale Ready

Chromepilot

Reactions
Hello!

I am wondering what steps to take prior to selling my mavic 2 pro. I'd like to remove all flight logs and use information prior to selling this drone. Do I need to remove my DJI account as well?

The new DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 does not allow this option but I'm not sure why.

Thanks!

As best I can determine, Internally recorded flight logs cannot be removed by the end user. They can only be copied. Eventually, the larger ones get flushed, but the smaller ones will potentially remain forever. That's DJI's black box! One of my earlier DJI drones even still had two test flights with location data from a courtyard outside the factory in China!

How much for the M2P?
Most of the information that you do not want to pass along is stored on your device in the app. Only available under your name. The rest is clean enough to sell. The FAA and DJI account belong to you, not the drone.

How much for the M2P?
Most of the information that you do not want to pass along is stored on your device in the app. Only available under your name. The rest is clean enough to sell. The FAA and DJI account belong to you, not the drone.
Depending upon the sensitivity of the recorded flight data, that isn't necessarily true. Every .DAT file stores GPS thoughout the flight. If you have flown it anywhere you don't want to share with the buyer, they will have access to all that location information. As I posted above, my .DAT files still showed the exact location outside the factory building in China where it was test flown twice!

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01