DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Resetting M2P

trampintransit

Reactions
I'm selling my M2P and cannot remove the account. Lots of talk on internet about 'factory reset option' in assistant2 but that has GONE!!! it's not in the app anymore....and other chat about going via 'device manegement' in the controller...but I can't find that option either.

I know of no way to "reset" the drone. I'd edit your threads title and change "rest" to "reset".

If you have the std RC1A or RC1B controller then I do not know if there is a reset but I see no need for it for a sale.

HOWEVER, if you are using a smart controller then there may be a reset function in the controller's screen display system but one thing I would ENSURE you do is delete all the flight logs from the smart controller, that assumes the smart controller is being included with the M2P.

I'd connect the smart controller to a computer via USB and browse the controller's file system to a folder that is probably named "FlightRecord".
In there you should see files whose names start "DJIFlightRecord", either delete those or, and my preference, MOVE them to your computer.
In the "FlightRecord" folder you should see a folder named "MCDatFlightRecords", open that and either delete the contents, .DAT flight logs, or MOVE them to computer. There many not be any logs in there, if you have previously synced logs with DJI then the DATs were probably deleted during the sync.
If you have synced then it might be an idea to delete any other folders that you find in FlightRecord EXCEPT for MCDatFlightRecords.

Also LOG OUT of the control app.
BTW if the controller was used with a fly app drone ( I don't know if that is possible ) then you need to do the same thing with the FLY app flight logs and probably the log out

Why delete the logs from the smart controller? Anyone can access them and read them?
Why keep the logs yourself, two reasons, they serve as a record for you and, on the off chance the buyer tries to pull a flanker, you have a records of how the drone was previously flown and ALL the relevant serial numbers. The number in the name of the DAT flight log is indicative of the number of times the drone has been switched on but only within hundreds, at 99+1 the counter reset to 0.

With the RC1A/B controller these logs are on your phone or tablet etc. so there is no need to worry about the buyer get

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbird1000
@trampintransit all you need to do is remove any Micro SD card from the Drone ,once sold,
your continued attachment to the drone will end ,as in order for the new owner to be able to fly the drone ,then they will have to create a DJI account of their own ,using the GO4 app on their device ,if you keep the GO 4app on you device, then your flight records will still be available for you to see ,but not for the new owner to access

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4