DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally Got M2P to Work with iPhone 12 Pro Max...Found Silver Bullet on This Forum...But Issue

Reactions
Issue/Problem/Context...Two questions at end of post:
Just bought a new M2P from Amazon for my small LLC business because it is the highest end drone along the Zoom model that is compatible with both Dronelink & Hammer Missions automated flight software. But I kept getting 'Magnetic Interference Error' message on controller display and couldn't even activate the drone. Put in hours of forum searching with dozens of potential causes. Finally, read a post that suggested deleting GO 4 app, rebooting iPhone, and reinstalling GO 4. Excellent...got it activated.

But...when prompted to select drone model in Go 4 app, only 'Mavic 2' defaulted and could not be changed, instead of seeing a drop down list and able to select from 11 models. So forced to go with 'Mavic 2' model. Did all the firmware updates for databases including upgraded GO 4 app to ver. 4.3.60. Everything worked....16 satellites indoors, 'Ready to Go' message on controller, camera view of floor, and was able to spin the propellers.

Accidently, I hit 'Home' icon on GO 4 screen and screen showed pic of M2P and displayed 'Mavic 2 Pro' at the top as you can see from attached pic. Later when I was able to see all 11 models supported in drop down list, 'Mavic 2' was listed but NOT 'Mavic 2 Pro'. The 'Mavic Pro' WAS listed.

So now I'm now wondering: Is the GO 4 app configured for 'Mavic 2' or the 'Mavic 2 Pro' and do I have the functionality of the Mavic 2 or Mavic 2 Pro?

After quizzing my brain for a criteria that differentiates the 2 models, I came up with the fact that the Mavic 2 has a fixed aperture and M2P has variable aperture from 2.8-11. Very happy when I saw the variable aperture which supports the pic below that correctly displays 'Mavic 2 Pro'. But the Mavic 2 Pro is Not in the list of 11 supported models.

There is no question after spinning the props that I can get this puppy in the air and maneuver it. But the Intelligent flight modes are critical to my business although 50% of my business are manually flown inspections...roofs, storm damage, housing, etc. The problem is that I am sidelined after a surgery and can't verify that M2P intelligent flight modes will be functional. I have 18 days left to return it to Amazon. It still bothers me that the M2P is Not in the drop down list of supported drones.

Questions:

Are there any forum member who fly the M2P with a late model iPhone and are able to at least use the some or all of the following intelligent flight modes, specifically: QuickShot, Point of Interest, Waypoints?

Or in your opinion or experience do you think based on what I have told you that I can take on 'faith' that I will be able to use those intelligent flight modes even though the M2P is not one of the 11 drones supported in the drop down model list?

Thanks....I know that was a long post...but I tried to cover areas thorough enough so you didn't have to go to the trouble to ask a lot of questions...gordo

FYI: Thanks for warm welcome to the forum!

Attachments

• Pic for forum of M2P.jpg
    Pic for forum of M2P.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There is no DJI drone named Mavic 2.
Sometimes DJI use the term Mavic 2 for both the Pro and the Zoom because except for the camera they are identical and share the same firmware.
So this is not an issue. As long as you can control it with the phone everything is fine.

As for the intelligent flight modes, you need to enable access to them in the settings in Go4.

Magnetic interference message will appear if you turn on the drone close to metallic objects. This will very likely happen indoors. Take it outside and place it on a metal-free surface and turn it on. Remember that concrete and paved areas often have iron rebar underneath.
When that is said, there was a batch of M2P's that displayed the Magnetic interference message almost on every startup (I have one of them). It is usually a false message. I check the compass state in the settings, if it is green I fly anyway.

Thanks for the reply! I already solved the Magnetic Interference..so OK there.

So the 'Mavic 2' entry in the drop down list of drones that can be selected in the GO 4 app, while bogus, really refers to the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro Zoom. See pic below showing 'Mavic 2' as a valid selection in GO 4 app during initial setup.

I was only concerned because the Mavic 2 Pro wasn't specifically mentioned separately as a valid selection in the listed 11 drones in drop down during initial GO 4 setup.

I think DJI should specifically mention each drone separately rather than grouping two drones under the misleading 'Mavic 2' label. It's confusing as you mentioned. No app is perfect. Thanks so much for the clarification!
Mavic 2 Drop Down List 2.jpg

Issue/Problem/Context...Two questions at end of post:
Just bought a new M2P from Amazon for my small LLC business because it is the highest end drone along the Zoom model that is compatible with both Dronelink & Hammer Missions automated flight software. But I kept getting 'Magnetic Interference Error' message on controller display and couldn't even activate the drone. Put in hours of forum searching with dozens of potential causes. Finally, read a post that suggested deleting GO 4 app, rebooting iPhone, and reinstalling GO 4. Excellent...got it activated.

But...when prompted to select drone model in Go 4 app, only 'Mavic 2' defaulted and could not be changed, instead of seeing a drop down list and able to select from 11 models. So forced to go with 'Mavic 2' model. Did all the firmware updates for databases including upgraded GO 4 app to ver. 4.3.60. Everything worked....16 satellites indoors, 'Ready to Go' message on controller, camera view of floor, and was able to spin the propellers.

Accidently, I hit 'Home' icon on GO 4 screen and screen showed pic of M2P and displayed 'Mavic 2 Pro' at the top as you can see from attached pic. Later when I was able to see all 11 models supported in drop down list, 'Mavic 2' was listed but NOT 'Mavic 2 Pro'. The 'Mavic Pro' WAS listed.

So now I'm now wondering: Is the GO 4 app configured for 'Mavic 2' or the 'Mavic 2 Pro' and do I have the functionality of the Mavic 2 or Mavic 2 Pro?

After quizzing my brain for a criteria that differentiates the 2 models, I came up with the fact that the Mavic 2 has a fixed aperture and M2P has variable aperture from 2.8-11. Very happy when I saw the variable aperture which supports the pic below that correctly displays 'Mavic 2 Pro'. But the Mavic 2 Pro is Not in the list of 11 supported models.

There is no question after spinning the props that I can get this puppy in the air and maneuver it. But the Intelligent flight modes are critical to my business although 50% of my business are manually flown inspections...roofs, storm damage, housing, etc. The problem is that I am sidelined after a surgery and can't verify that M2P intelligent flight modes will be functional. I have 18 days left to return it to Amazon. It still bothers me that the M2P is Not in the drop down list of supported drones.

Questions:

Are there any forum member who fly the M2P with a late model iPhone and are able to at least use the some or all of the following intelligent flight modes, specifically: QuickShot, Point of Interest, Waypoints?

Or in your opinion or experience do you think based on what I have told you that I can take on 'faith' that I will be able to use those intelligent flight modes even though the M2P is not one of the 11 drones supported in the drop down model list?

Thanks....I know that was a long post...but I tried to cover areas thorough enough so you didn't have to go to the trouble to ask a lot of questions...gordo

FYI: Thanks for warm welcome to the forum!
Just reading through your description of the GO4 app, is this the latest version downloaded from DJI?
I haven't 'upgraded' my GO4 app for the last 3 years as I'm a firm believer in "...if it ain't broke: don't fix it..."
If the app is giving you gyp, download one of the older versions from APKMIRROR and give that a try. I have hundreds of completely legal flights on both my mav 2's using old firmware and old flight apps, the older mavics were polished to near perfection by 2021 and it seems that the only things that tend to occur with a zealous firmware/app update mindset are problems.

Reactions: Starz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J