DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selling my mini 2, how do i un-bound.

David97

Reactions
I'm going to sell my mini 2 even though it's not worth a lot is there anything i need to do like un-bound it from my DJI account? I see in the DJI fly app there is a device management section is all i have to do is remove device from account? It will be sold with the controller it came with.

Thanks.

Reactions: lensimages
I'm not sure how DJI calculates those stats. But, I believe it's based on the flight logs you sync to the DJI Cloud.

Either way though, you'll need to remove that aircraft from your DJI account so it can be linked to someone else's DJI account.

Will i lose flight time, miles, distance etc.
Where are you seeing those figures? I presume in the app, if so those depend on what is in the App's file system. If you delete the logs (which you DO NOT need to do ) then your totals will disappear, if you leave the logs on your phone then the totals will not be affected.
If you are worried then back-up the logs, both .txt and .DAT, to computer etc..

If, by any chance, you are referring to the distance shown under your icon? on the DJI forum then that depends on the logs that you have synced with DJI and again won't be affected.

You might consider using Airdatav UAV as I do. It keeps all your records and past records of sold drones so you can recall whatever you need whenever you need.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You might consider using Airdatav UAV as I do. It keeps all your records and past records of sold drones so you can recall whatever you need whenever you need.
It keeps ALL the logs only if you pay for the privilege, with the freebie account you are limited to something like 100 logs. Backing up to computer etc. is free.

I see the stats in the DJI Fly iOS app under profile. This is where i'm confused because you don't see that info if you log into account.dji.com

Why can't i remove the drone at account.dji.com is it separate from the app?

I see the stats in the DJI Fly iOS app under profile. This is where i'm confused because you don't see that info if you log into account.dji.com

Why can't i remove the drone at account.dji.com is it separate from the app?
The app takes it information from the data in the file system in the phone.
I am not sure what you mean by "account.dji.com" but if it is some DJI website then I would assume AND HOPE that a website does not, of its own volition, have access to the phone's file system and consequently can not access the data.

The app takes it information from the data in the file system in the phone.
I am not sure what you mean by "account.dji.com" but if it is some DJI website then I would assume AND HOPE that a website does not, of its own volition, have access to the phone's file system and consequently can not access the data.
Most likely, he has not yet synced his local flying data with the DJI servers. Once he does, all his synced flight records will be available from any device logged into his DJI account that also syncs its flight records with DJI, even if there are no local flight records to sync.

Once he does, all his synced flight records will be available from any device logged into his DJI account that also syncs its flight records with DJI, even if there are no local flight records to sync.
Plus, he will lose all the .DAT logs on his phone. :-(

Plus, he will lose all the .DAT logs on his phone. :-(
True, unless he copies them off. However, since only DJI can read .DAT files, and the ones on the device are a fraction of the .DAT files DJI really wants, which are stored on the drone itself, in internal memory, no biggie.

Unless you meant the .readable .TXT flight log files, but those are synced with AirData or PhantomPilots new Flight Reader, and can be copied off, too.

True, unless he copies them off. However, since only DJI can read .DAT files, and the ones on the device are a fraction of the .DAT files DJI really wants, which are stored on the drone itself, in internal memory, no biggie.

Unless you meant the .readable .TXT flight log files, but those are synced with AirData or PhantomPilots new Flight Reader, and can be copied off, too.
I did mean the DATs, besides the OP may have logs from other fly app using drones stored in the fly app's folder system and some have readable DATs, Mavic Mini & Mini 3 Pro do, I have a DAT from an Air 2 thread that is readable but I don't know if that is some sort of fluke.
Even if the DATs are unreadable their names provide information, dates when the drone was switched on and the number of times the drone was switched on, the DAT's number.

I did mean the DATs, besides the OP may have logs from other fly app using drones stored in the fly app's folder system and some have readable DATs, Mavic Mini & Mini 3 Pro do, I have a DAT from an Air 2 thread that is readable but I don't know if that is some sort of fluke.
Even if the DATs are unreadable their names provide information, dates when the drone was switched on and the number of times the drone was switched on, the DAT's number.
Thanks for the clarifications and corrections, but unless I misunderstood, the OP is only selling the drone, and not including his device/phone in the sale, so he won't lose anything unless he deletes the app, or abandons his phone without first copying its contents to a new one.

so he won't lose anything unless he deletes the app
the logs ..... correct.
BUT deleting the App, as in an uninstalling it, is quite likely to leave the logs and much of the file system behind, at least that's my experience. Aside from the DATs that DJI delete during a sync, to get rid of the logs you have to manually delete them or delete the folder or folder chain that contains them.

I have messed with log storage quite a bit as I bounce about between app versions lol.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
the logs ..... correct.
BUT deleting the App, as in an uninstalling it, is quite likely to leave the logs and much of the file system behind, at least that's my experience. Aside from the DATs that DJI delete during a sync, to get rid of the logs you have to manually delete them or delete the folder or folder chain that contains them.

I have messed with log storage quite a bit as I bounce about between app versions lol.
Thanks for clarifying that the .DAT files are deleted during a DJI sync!
Didn't know that! Good to also know deleting the app still keeps the log files!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd