DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Support to exit the account of the former DJI owner of Mavic AIR 2

thanducha

Reactions
Hello. I just bought the Dji Mavic Air 2 drone. But because the device has gone through many previous owners, they don't know whose gmail is. So to avoid anything bad from happening in the future, I want to ask how I can fully know the email I'm entering as shown in the photo so I can contact them.
In case I can't contact them, is there any way to restore the factory defaults, or is there any way for me to log out of the other account?
In the worst case, if I can't replace my account, are there any risks?
Thank you

214222vh6my9gwy9opg88z.jpg

Caveat emptor! You just bought a brick. DJI might be able to contact the holder of the gmail account that it is currently registered to, and also get their written consent to release it. Otherwise, try and get your money back from the seller!

• Sad
Reactions: careless and Cafguy
Caveat emptor! You just bought a brick. DJI might be able to contact the holder of the gmail account that it is currently registered to, and also get their written consent to release it. Otherwise, try and get your money back from the seller!
The plane has had many owners so I don't know who owns that gmail account. I accidentally didn't pay attention to that and now I can't get my money back. Is there any software or way to delete that gmail?

You need to find the original owner DJI will NOT unbind a Drone from a previous account without that account holders permission and even then they will only assist the new owner and will NOT without exception transfer the drone to a new account.
Sorry but sadly you own a very expensive flagpole topper.
there is no hack that will get your drone flying. Sorry.

Reactions: benni and GadgetGuy
Is there any software or way to delete that gmail?
I think your only option is to contact DJI and ask but you're unlikely to get a positive outcome.

How did you pay for it? If you paid by credit card or Paypal, can you try a chargeback?

Ah, the ole hot potato "stolen" drone is making the rounds again I see. ☺️

Such a great deal on a drone, oh but too good to be true, now you cannot fly it. DJI isn't going to fix it for you. So what's next, sell it to the next guy for cheap (and don't disclose it is locked down) so he comes to the online forums and the first thing he asks is how to unlock a drone? :oops:

Ultimately there's a hacker out there somewhere who can break into these for a price but it stands to reason there are hundreds if not thousands of drones like this. Some of them DJI will unlock. Mostly from people who don't know about the process (and get caught up) and usually not nefarious intentions but just no way to figure out who is the previous owner. People die, people abandon property, people buy used drone from middlemen like retailers, flea markets, swap shops, street vendors, online markets.....so many reasons to wind up with one of these; no DJI solutions. :(

The plane has had many owners so I don't know who owns that gmail account. I accidentally didn't pay attention to that and now I can't get my money back. Is there any software or way to delete that gmail?
Some guy in China claimed to be able to solve the problem for $300, using a hack. No way to contact him anymore, though, and no way to know if he was for real. Not worth it on an Air 2 bought cheaply, even if he was for real, assuming you could ever find him. Contact DJI and plead your case, but don't expect much help, even if they wanted to. If the email recipient doesn’t respond to DJI's inquiry at the email on file, nothing DJI will ever do.

Reactions: Cafguy
I am sure DJI would actively pursue and prosecute anyone trying to "hack" their drones. DJI will probably find a way to Close down the people that have a hack for RepairTool. ( the program they use to give your drones parts a recognizable serial number) That way you have no choice but to send it in for certain repairs.

I am sure DJI would actively pursue and prosecute anyone trying to "hack" their drones. DJI will probably find a way to Close down the people that have a hack for RepairTool. ( the program they use to give your drones parts a recognizable serial number) That way you have no choice but to send it in for certain repairs.
I am also sure this character likely worked for DJI at one time (or still does) and knew exactly how to unregister the drone, if he was for real. DJI doesn't actively pursue or prosecute any drone hackers. They just cleverly eliminate the vulnerabilities in the code and issue FW updates with anti-rollback to hack around the hackers! Early FW versions are the most hackable. Vulnerabilities get patched, along with bugs being squashed, and new features are also added in later FW versions, to induce updating to anti-rollback versions. Check the "Bird Maps" to see which FW versions of each drone are still exploitable..

I am also sure this character likely worked for DJI at one time (or still does) and knew exactly how to unregister the drone, if he was for real. DJI doesn't actively pursue or prosecute any drone hackers. They just cleverly eliminate the vulnerabilities in the code and issue FW updates with anti-rollback to hack around the hackers! Early FW versions are the most hackable. Vulnerabilities get patched, along with bugs being squashed, and new features are also added in later FW versions, to induce updating to anti-rollback versions. Check the "Bird Maps" to see which FW versions of each drone are still exploitable..
I found a chinese friend who can unlock it. And the guy said 200 dollars. However, he said there was no need to open it because it was still operating normally, only if you couldn't take off should you open it.

I found a chinese friend who can unlock it. And the guy said 200 dollars. However, he said there was no need to open it because it was still operating normally, only if you couldn't take off should you open it.
“A friend” is going to charge you $200 to unregister your drone? This whole thread is starting to sound extremely suspicious to me.

“A friend” is going to charge you $200 to unregister your drone? This whole thread is starting to sound extremely suspicious to me.
This is also sounding very familiar to me. Is this guy trolling for business here again? The previous character’s member account here ended up getting deleted, so I can't now reference the PM's he sent me offering his services, after I posted questions about what he was really offering in a now deleted thread.

Last edited:
I found a Chinese friend who can unlock it. And the guy said 200 dollars. However, he said there was no need to open it because it was still operating normally, only if you couldn't take off should you open it.
How did you find him? It will operate normally until it won't. DJI now requires you to log into your account every 30 days or so after activation, and limits drones bound to a different transmitter to 5 flights. Fly it like you stole it. Likely, someone did! LOL!

Reactions: Cafguy
I have sent the listed serial number to DJI and also a link to this post. I don't think they will actually look into this BUT if anyone out there purchases a drone that is "Bricked" in this way you should report it to DJI they can assist the original owner with recovery. and you won't be losing anything that you already didn't lose by getting scamed. You never know the Original owner may just throw a few bucks your way for being honest. and your friend can't do what he says. if they could they would already be famous on the net.

How did you find him? It will operate normally until it won't. DJI now requires you to log into your account every 30 days or so after activation, and limits drones bound to a different transmitter to 5 flights. Fly it like you stole it. Likely, someone did! LOL!
I found a few people online and emailed them. That guy answered me and we talked via wechat and he said that if you can still fly, you don't need to open it.

I have sent the listed serial number to DJI and also a link to this post. I don't think they will actually look into this BUT if anyone out there purchases a drone that is "Bricked" in this way you should report it to DJI they can assist the original owner with recovery. and you won't be losing anything that you already didn't lose by getting scamed. You never know the Original owner may just throw a few bucks your way for being honest. and your friend can't do what he says. if they could they would already be famous on the net.
I contacted Dji support. I also provide the letter of receipt from the seller, the seller's ID card, the money transfer receipt, everything that I can prove that I bought this plane legally. But it seems dji doesn't care much.

But I didn't steal it. I bought it from someone else.
Did that someone else have the drone flying? Then they have the info you need- If not: The seller knew the drone was bricked and sold it dishonestly.
I would be angry with the seller NOT DJI. DJI is following a policy they created years ago and if you look at the DJI owners agreement they state clearly that they will NOT transfer a drone to a another persons account for any reason.
This is a theft prevention tool that has been working for quite some time and with everything going on today I agree with the way they do this, even if it means I lose a drone if I forget my Information.

Reactions: Feek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas