DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failed RTH Drone lost- urgent help please

Ravindra

Reactions
Hi. This is my first thread, apologies for potential mistakes. I am fairly new and still trying to understand the nuances of flying.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

I lost my DJI mini2 aircraft nearly 20 hours ago and could not find using "Find my drone via last ordinates".
First of all, I had hacked drone parameters and changed the Max altitude to 120m as the default Max altitude is only 15m in India due to Local law. The RTH altidude was set to 100m as there were no taller trees or buildings on my flight path.

I was flying at 54 meters altitude and 2020m distance when RC lost signal and never connected again. I did hit RTH button but not sure if this was communicated at all, but got no feedback. Within 20 minutes I drove to the last coordinates location and could not find the aircraft anywhere despite searching the whole perimeter.
As I did not know much what to do, wasted more time just around the last location and did not walk the RTH path. Today I am planning to do it.
Meanwhile just wanted to ask the house for any suggestions as to possible location of the crash.

One of the last errors I saw on the screen before I lost signal was 'Max altitude (15m) reached' while the aircraft was actually at 54m. I stopped moving forward immediately and it was slowly descending just prior to loss of signal. I guess it would have rested the altitude to 15m and started RTH at that level. It would be impossible to RTH 2km with so many tall trees.
Am planning to walk the RTH path looking for 15m trees.

I have my flight log but not sure how to share it.

Any suggestions/advices much appreciated??????.

First of all, I had hacked drone parameters and changed the Max altitude to 120m as the default Max altitude is only 15m in India due to Local law.
I am hoping that posting your flight log will yield results, but the statement referenced above brings to mind unintended consequences. I don't understand the restrictive "Max altitude" guidelines, but any sort of "hacking" is not without risk.
Good luck.

Reactions: tlswift58
I am hoping that posting your flight log will yield results, but the statement referenced above brings to mind unintended consequences. I don't understand the restrictive "Max altitude" guidelines, but any sort of "hacking" is not without risk.
Good luck.
Not to mention over 2,000 meters from the RC. I'm sure if he can retrace the drones steps back from last signal point - if indeed it did start the RTH sequence - my best guess is the first trees above his RTH altitude will be the right location to look. Not just one the ground either - check the trees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi