DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failed to get resource file, Huawei mediapad 7 inch.

Brrale1990

Reactions
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for a while, sometimes obsessively going through the recent threads to learn all I can to prepare myself for proper drone ownership.

Unexpectedly I have 3 weeks off work soon and have decided that tomorrow I will finally pull the trigger and get a mavic pro combo pack ordered off amazon :D

In preparation for this, today I got myself a so called "wundertablet" Huawei mediapad 7 inch, as it seems highly recommended here for the money and all I want is dedicated screen bigger than my phone. Tablet seems fine, set it up in the pub earlier and downloaded dji go 4 4.1.9 off of apkmirror and added config files found in another thread here

My issue is: I don't feel comfortable giving dji any access AT ALL. They are a chinese company which means the CCP will get access should they wish and that could cause problems for me down the line.

I am from the UK and as others here will surely know parliament is set to start drafting new legislation re drones and registration/licencing ect.. Having not seen the scope of their intentions I have not yet decided whether or not I shall be complying with this. I am not planning to fly in any unsafe manner, no long range trips or risky flights around people ect.. I have already (again from other threads here) got damage and 3rd party liability insurance lined up. I will not tolerate excessive government oversight in my new hobby and don't want them getting even more 1984 big brother in the way they act and maybe enacting mandatory flight logging, massive increase in NFZ or all out total ban in the future.

So as found here: Dji Drones - Mavic Files I have downloaded 4.1.9 V37 as it seems to offer bypass of DJI registration, but as stated in the title I can get no further than starting the app as it will not find the server to download the needed resource file. It is not an internet connection issue as websites load fine. I use a popular paid VPN service and have tried connecting to multiple countries, turning on server obfuscation even turning it off but to no avail :(

What are my options here?? Can the pre modded version be made to work, any way to manually load this resource file? I like that this version uses HERE maps as I could download for offline use, I don't plan to connect this tablet to the internet after it is all set up; it's just a dedicated screen for flying.

Or do I go back to the apkmirror version and loading fcc mode configs, using fake details and VPN/VPS on public WIFI for the DJI registration?

Any help from someone here with more experience than me would be much appreciated, this website has been a great source of knowledge and has cemented my choice in drone, well here and the mavic air announcement haha. I've got until next week at the earliest before I can fly, my family has some nice open fields I can use to familiarise myself with this drone. I would be happy flying at my local park but with it being half term currently I don't think having groups of kids getting too close and taking an interest is a distraction I need for my maiden flights.
(Mods: any issues with my post please let me know and I will be happy to amend anything needed to ensure compliance with the rules and spirit of this site.)

Maybe the Dji Go app is having trouble downloading the resource file through the VPN, have you tried without a VPN service?

Maybe the Dji Go app is having trouble downloading the resource file through the VPN, have you tried without a VPN service?

Thanks for replying, I am prone to throwing out a wall of text and not the best at putting my thoughts down in words. I did say above that I tried without VPN active. I also did the same using my phone as hotspot and trying with/without VPN on that connection. Anecdotal evidence found on other thread suggests VPN shouldn't be an issue, user from china had same resource file issue as me using mirrored .apk, the great firewall blocked google play store for them; another user said they had success using VPN to get access to play services, so I can assume they were able to get app fully working.

My current plan bar any advice from other users here is to keep the new tablet in my bag until I can try other WIFI network again, which should be in 2/3 days max.

Can't find the thread re china mentioned above, my browser will delete browsing history on tab close, I believe this chinese user had no issue when using VPN but they were grabbing latest official .apk from google play store, I had no issue using public wifi earlier with apkmirror download re resource file download. Issue may be with the modded .apk sourced from simiweb site linked in OP.

Anyone with experience with .apk from this site would be great, good or bad. Maybe it's malware ridden, using brand new tablet but probably shouldn't have hooked it up to my home wifi :/

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista