DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faint beeper

Fredthered

Reactions
Flew my Mini 2 into a tree the other day. Fortunately it tumbled down through the branches and landed on soft grassy land, although hidden from view by some leaves.
Activating ' Find my Drone ' I managed to reach the specified location, but turning on the flash and beep didn't help. Two dogs, being walked by a young lady nearby, seemed to take a keen interest in something a couple of yards away. When I explained I was looking for something ' which should be beeping ' she said she heard something and with her help we located it. It was just too faint. Perhaps it's an age-related hearing problem ? 😨
I am seriously considering a stand-alone key finder type thing such as: Tile or DataTag which is supposed to be much more audible, especially if it's stuck up a tree. Any views welcome.

You should explore getting one these:

You should explore getting one these:

Thanks. I was looking for a self contained buzzer that could be activated by Android phone so as not to have to wire anything into the DJI hardware.

Thanks. I was looking for a self contained buzzer that could be activated by Android phone so as not to have to wire anything into the DJI hardware.
ViFly beacon does not need to be wired into the hardware, it has it's own battery. Just press the button on the beacon to turn it on and you're good to go and it is super loud:

Flew my Mini 2 into a tree the other day. Fortunately it tumbled down through the branches and landed on soft grassy land, although hidden from view by some leaves.
Activating ' Find my Drone ' I managed to reach the specified location, but turning on the flash and beep didn't help. Two dogs, being walked by a young lady nearby, seemed to take a keen interest in something a couple of yards away. When I explained I was looking for something ' which should be beeping ' she said she heard something and with her help we located it. It was just too faint. Perhaps it's an age-related hearing problem ? 😨
I am seriously considering a stand-alone key finder type thing such as: Tile or DataTag which is supposed to be much more audible, especially if it's stuck up a tree. Any views welcome.
I have used a Mavic Air 1 since 2019 (combo kit with 4 batteries). It still works like new and does 90% of what any Drone would do for me up to 1 mile away. I put a tile on my batteries...Velcro on the bottom of each battery so the Tile can be attached to whatever battery I'm using. This is a great locator and extremely loud locating noise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne