DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

False no Fly zone

sebulban

Reactions
Hi,

As a new pilot (2 days) my question might me stupid but I really couldn't find an answer for this.
Im getting weak gps signal every time at some point of the flight. Usually after that it tells that I'm approaching a no Fly zone which is not true according to DJI's no fly zone map. After this DJI Go4 app shows disconnect and cannot be reconnected without rebooting the mavic.

Howto avoid this?

Attachments

• IMG_0879.PNG
    IMG_0879.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
You got strong magnetic interface at some point in your flight. Is your AC a newer model or did you purchase it a while ago? There are a few threads about Mavics and compass errors I suggest you search and read up on those. This is a long shot but if it happens in the same area someone might have a jammer set up.

I think those are two separate issues that just happen to be at the same time.

I also have several places where I get a warning of a nearby NFZ when the closest NFZ is 20+km away. I can still fly without issues it just limits me to a height of 120m

Also a friends house is in a "fake" NFZ. that is, DJI Go4 app shows a red NFZ but the DJI GEO map shows nothing there.... very annoying, because he checked the GEO map before buying to be sure he could fly around his house. now he cant...

The GPS or disconnect issue could be several things. It could have poor reception between buildings, there could be interference or, while unlikely, thee could be a jammer. If the location is accessible, you can go there with your phone and try if your phone has good GPS or not. and you can try if the mavic can connect there or if the signal is poor even when close and in LOS.

Thanks for the messages !

I'll start with the IMU calibration and see the result. Location is weird to have a jammer or strong EM fields as there are only couple of houses and the distance between controller and mavic is less than 200m with clear line of sight.

I've marked the error area in yellow to the attaced screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 10.35.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 10.35.15.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Thanks for the messages !

I'll start with the IMU calibration and see the result. Location is weird to have a jammer or strong EM fields as there are only couple of houses and the distance between controller and mavic is less than 200m with clear line of sight.

I've marked the error area in yellow to the attaced screenshot.
Reinstall the GO app first, that might solve it. IMU calibration has little to do with GPS error. Compass calibration is OK but do it where you're absolutely sure it is free from metal or any (electro-)magnetic interference. IMU calibration can't hurt if done properly, but check the values in the reinstalled GO app first, if they're ok leave it.

Check with your phone if it receives wifi signals from the nearby houses. Someone might have a very powerful wifi router.

or even an outside router! on your phone go to the wifi and search for wifi... look at the reading you get on that screen. this will kinda of give ya an idea..

There's a free Android app, "WiFi Analyzer", that will show you all networks in range, the channel they are broadcasting on and signal strength for each:
7033ed156e27368864b50acbe952628e.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro