DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Farmer Plays Barking Dog Sound from M2E to Herd Stock

Thx for sharing. Although their accents are a bit difficult to understand, that news report was awesome!

I think that is fantastic, especially when it came to finding and fixing the problem for the herds drinking water. New Zealand is so beautiful, I would love to live there, I'm pretty sure their parliament just passed a law that does not allow foreigners to purchase property within the country any longer.. I guess it's good if you're a Native New Zealander... I could understand the female news anchor perfectly but not so much the ranch handlers at all!!

That is awesome.
I only learned about Mavic Enterprise today.
I saw all of the options and pondered all the neat things you could do.

Makes me want to jury-rig a Wi-Fi speaker to my Mavic and go herd me something.

I remember herding with the trusty AG-200 and the dogs (fun too), but this would
be done with a Big Grin I think Thumbswayup

A farmer in New Zealand has played dog sounds from the speaker of his M2 Enterprise to help herd sheep and cows. Do have to wonder how much to credit to the dog sound and how much to the drone sound.
Barking drones used on farms instead of sheep dogs
As a New Zealander (now resident in the UK) - I can educate you a bit here ... There is a type of sheep-dog that is bred and trained in the New Zealand hill country farms (not 'Ranches' - please!) called a 'Huntaway'. They are specifically trained to keep the sheep between them and the farmer (again - not a 'Rancher') and bark continuously to drive the sheep flock away from where they are, hopefully, toward the farmer. The farmer uses coded whistles to send the dog left or right, or to get it to stop where it is - but - it just continues to bark until it's taken off the flock.
With that in mind, it's very logical why the Mavic Enterprise would be playing the barking sound rather than anything else. Sheep may be a bit light in the IQ department, but they do know what a dog bark means and will always react to it ... I'd be very surprised if the sound of the Mavic alone would get the sheep moving.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ