DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Farming applications and 4-H

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I am preparing to conduct some learning sessions about drones for our local county extension 4-H groups. I will have 3 Mavic minis to work with for teaching kids how to pilot drones.

I know there are very advanced farming applications for drones, but I want to start with relatively simple applications, things that kids 8 to 16 might do to help local farmers, or to show local farmers how drones can benefit their businesses.

Please help me with ideas for simple farm applications, such as finding lost livestock or crop surveys. In addition, please send drone photos to my email that I could use to illustrate these applications. This is local only, so I am not prepared to pay for the photos.

Incidentally, for the Mini, can I use one single iPhone to set up three different drones, switching between them without any obstacles? I will have the kids bring their own. Also, if they use their own devices, is it easy to share my single DJI account, or will each kid have to get their own DJI account?

Thanks for any feedback on these things!
Keith Dunnaway
dba NW GA Drone Guy
[email protected]

Just understand using a drone in a farming application (which is a business) generally requires a 107 certificate. I have a buddy who was using his Phantom to check crops and irrigate and he got a nasty letter from the FAA. Still don't know how the FAA got involved but they did. The main thing is to know the rules before hitting the skies. Maybe key on introducing recreational flying and what is required to pass the 107 testing.

Incidentally, for the Mini, can I use one single iPhone to set up three different drones, switching between them without any obstacles? I will have the kids bring their own. Also, if they use their own devices, is it easy to share my single DJI account, or will each kid have to get their own DJI account?
The app can handle multiple aircraft without any complications.

I am preparing to conduct some learning sessions about drones for our local county extension 4-H groups. I will have 3 Mavic minis to work with for teaching kids how to pilot drones.

I know there are very advanced farming applications for drones, but I want to start with relatively simple applications, things that kids 8 to 16 might do to help local farmers, or to show local farmers how drones can benefit their businesses.

Please help me with ideas for simple farm applications, such as finding lost livestock or crop surveys. In addition, please send drone photos to my email that I could use to illustrate these applications. This is local only, so I am not prepared to pay for the photos.

Thanks for any feedback on these things!
Keith Dunnaway
dba NW GA Drone Guy
[email protected]
I did a video for a farmer of his vegetable crops he sells to grocery stores. Have a 107 cert so all legal. It showed his farm, the crops and workers harvesting the produce. So basically a soft ad for his farm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas