DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faults on multiple batteries

Buginout

Reactions
Bought a kit from drone world ( that was a mistake for a different thread) and it came with 3 batteries it was they’re Maxx Modd long range kit. 2 of the three batteries had faults after a couple of charges, got ahold of the company to replace batteries, got the new batteries in charged a few times and one of the new batteries already show fault message???
Anyone know what this could be?

Are they official Mavic 2 batteries or some 3rd party copies? Using the standard DJI charger or other charger? When does the fault show up? On the RC or on your phone/tablet in DJI-go app?

Are they official Mavic 2 batteries or some 3rd party copies? Using the standard DJI charger or other charger? When does the fault show up? On the RC or on your phone/tablet in DJI-go app?

Yes they are official , they came from dji more fly time kit which was included as part of the drone world kit,long range maxx modd kit, long range being a load of crap name, bur I’m not bitter.
The charger is standard one at a time charger for the 2 pro. Dji also sent a car charger one at a time in the kit , I have used both

The DW kit does come with a Thor charger and some other stuff ,2months and still on backorder. I’m still not bitter. So I’ve not used the said charger from drone world, that is still on backorder. The fault shows up on phone and drone lights flash and I’m not sure if it’s on the R/C or not ?
It is saying 2 pro and remote need updated but I’m Leary of updates

The firmware on your batteries are probably not the same version as your Mavics firmware. That's probably why you have errors. They all need to be the same

Use Assistant 2 and get all the firmware updated. The latest release for the Remote & Aircraft is v01.00.03.0. There are no real reasons not too. If you have just bought the drone the firmware may be the initial release that didn't include some functionality. If your drone has not come directly from DJI it may be old stock.

Start by doing that and see if that addresses the issue, that may be the only issue.

Use Assistant 2 and get all the firmware updated. The latest release for the Remote & Aircraft is v01.00.03.0. There are no real reasons not too. If you have just bought the drone the firmware may be the initial release that didn't include some functionality. If your drone has not come directly from DJI it may be old stock.

Start by doing that and see if that addresses the issue, that may be the only issue.

Ok guys I’ll try the updates and let you know . Thank you .

Ok guys I tried the update for remote and aircraft have been updated still faults , kind of new may I ask what assistant 2 is ?

DJI Assistant 2 is a PC/Mac application for doing software updates and calibrations on your Mavic. You can carry out controller & Drone firmware updates without it (using Go 4), but I believe that the batteries do require upgrade using Assistant 2 ... You can download it from here for install: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI
You can see a tutorial video here:

Reactions: ff22
Make sure you get the one from the downloads on the Mavic 2 support page, others won't work. It is the best way to update the firmware.

Battery updates can be done from the controller, infact it will carry out those without an internet connection. but I would go with a firmware refresh using assistant 2. A refresh cannot be carried out from the App only from Assistant 2.

Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada