DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faulty Gimbal main board giving gimbal overload error

Xray64

Reactions
I have the infamous gimbal overload error.
I have 2 x MPro. one is working fine.
I have performed the following and identified I have several possible issues giving the gimbal overload error.
1/. I swapped the good performing gimbal/board on drone with error —> error disappears, so nothing wrong with the drone.
2/. Replaced board of faulty gimbal/mainboard onto onto good gimbal —> gimbal Overload error appears again which suggests faulty board.
3/ paired up the good gimbal main board with faulty gimbal camera —-> gimbal overload error appears which suggests problem with the gimbal camera as well.

I have replaced gimbal ribbon twice and this did not fix the problem however I have not tried both ribbons with the good board as I was not aware at the time that the board was an issue as well.

I am uploading photos of the faulty board. It appears fine to me with magnifying glass. But it was smoking a little early on before I realised there was a problem and quickly turned the drone off.
Can one of you experts cast your over the Board picture to see if there is any identifiable faults. Please note, the senors work fine when the Board is connected to the drone.
thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 9A20619C-67FB-4A1D-B20E-F0159861C38A.jpeg
    9A20619C-67FB-4A1D-B20E-F0159861C38A.jpeg
    809.9 KB · Views: 27
  • EDC7E2EE-AC7D-4689-A76B-350617CCC2EE.jpeg
    EDC7E2EE-AC7D-4689-A76B-350617CCC2EE.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 27
I'm not sure it is, but it looks like there is some water staining around the edges of the board (top corners on back of the board) & some crystallisation around some of the components. Did you buy this new or used? If you bought it used I wonder if it went in the water at some stage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22