DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faulty Mavic Air Videos?

Dave Phantom

Reactions
This is my first posting and not sure if I've done it correctly. I've made 3 flights with my new Mavic Air and all the videos are showing a text overlay! The videos will not play correctly on Windows Media Player or Windows Live Movie Maker but are OK on Wondershare Filmora Editor. Is this normal for the videos to show constantly changing information and jumping videos? I would really appreciate some help. Thank Windows Media Player Mavic Air Video Capture.JPGyou.

As far as the text I’m not to sure, but if you have jumpy or jittery video it could be that the computer you are using can’t handle the 4K file size. I ran into the same thing and dropped the video quality to 1080p 24fps and no problem.

You may have the video captions options enabled. Turn it off under camera settings and you will not have the text.

As for jumpy video, it could be your sd card is slow, or it could be the playback device. Your SD card needs to be rated U3 like this one. If you do have such a card, it may be that your playback device is unable to handle 4k video.
u3.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the quick reply Geodiver and Doppler,
I did have the video captions options enabled! It took a while to find it but works fine now. It appears that if this is enabled SRT Files are created that gives all the shooting information - doubt very much that I'll need this! I do have a U3 SD Card as you - the previous one kept showing 'Slow SD'. Your right about my laptop not being able to handle 4k video, tried a few times and it really struggled, 2.7k is fine for me. The Mavic Air is an amazing drone and I look forward to a lot more flights now the weather's getting better. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki