DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Favorite video setting for MA Air2 ?

mavicpro@2018

Reactions
What is your favorite video setting guys:
I have tested 1080-2.7k-4k but have difficulty deciding what to invest in to make regular clips in about 3-5 min. 4k is significantly slower to edit?
I have a 27" Dell screen.

4k 30, D-Cinelike, 1/60 shutter with an ND. Not using 4k 60 means it records in H264 rather than H265, so quicker and easier to edit with on slightly older devices (I use a 2017 MBP).

One of the reasons to shoot in 60 is to slow clips down, but FCPX is pretty good at doing that using optical flow so just use 30.

Last edited:
I use 4k60 at 1/120 with the DJI supplied ND16 in D-Cinelike. I'll put up a video later. I also use Adobe PrPro.

I use an HP Spectre x360 with decent specs, and it can handle the h.265 but I bought the laptop specifically for video editing footage from this drone.

4k30 in HDR for me.
Especially if you want clips in 3-5 minutes. “I ain’t got time for days” is my sentiment when it comes to color grading. And 60p slow motion isn’t needed for me. I’d prefer 120p anyhow. So 4k30HDR is what my switch is rusted on.

Reactions: JustAGuy
4k30 in HDR for me.
Especially if you want clips in 3-5 minutes. “I ain’t got time for days” is my sentiment when it comes to color grading. And 60p slow motion isn’t needed for me. I’d prefer 120p anyhow. So 4k30HDR is what my switch is rusted on.

I don't use the 60 frames for slo-mo, but instead for a 1/120 shutter speed. Living in Florida, with the ND16, this seems to be the sweet spot.

I'll vote for 4K30 in HDR as well ... lately I've been going after sunsets and sunrises, the HDR really does wonders in these conditions I find so far.

Does anybody else find the HDR video noisier than usual or maybe because the couple times I've used it was near sunset??‍♂️

Another 4k/30 HDR vote here. I don't have the patience to mickey mouse around with color grading and such. I just want good video that I can quickly edit. To the OP, if you're experiencing slow edits in 4K make sure you are using an editor that utilizes proxy files.

Not using 4k 60 means it records in H264 rather than H265,
Thanks for that ..I was wondering why I was able to view 4k the first time I shot in it and not later...I had switched to 60 and it defaulted to H265 I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka