DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC Boost?

BillyDrone

Reactions
What exactly is FCC boost?
I live in the USA soo I figure my drone is in FCC mode but what is FCC Boost?
Is it the same thing?

Not sure this is going to be beneficial since you're already using FCC.

• FCC mode has a higher power output than CE mode.
  • Boost mode will allow the highest RC output possible!
  • CE mode is <=20dBm (100mW) FCC mode is <=26dBm (<400mW).
  • Boost mode maximum is 1.8W or 1800mW.
  • For the Mavic Mini Boost mode, there are no specific mW values, this will boost your Remote Controller output to the maximum possible for your specific hardware. Due to regional hardware differences in place on the Mavic Mini by DJI, the results for maximum boost mode mW transmission power will be different on CE and FCC models. However: Tests showed that boost mode on the mavic mini will currently NOT give you as much power as if you use fakeGPS before every flight, we are working hard to see if it is possible to reach the same power levels persistent without the fakeGPS trick.
  • The DJI Smart Controller boost mode output power is only slightly more than FCC mode due to the hardware design.

Maybe just head out and fly? You surely cannot see further than you can fly in FCC mode.

And I might add that FCC boost mode was put in for DJI engineers for a more of testing mode. It isn't used for normal or prolonged flight. Many I see are using it full bore on every flight, as you can imagine this can't be good to "red line" equipment for such operations and will more likely than not shorten the lifespan (Greatly?) of those who are using it that way. JFYI. ;)

Yea...Not worth taking the risk....
I was just reading and came across something about FCC boot.....I never heard of that before.

I like to experiment soo I did the mod.....
Force boost 1.5W compare to the FCC only 0.4W output is 4 times stronger.
My remote is on steroids magnified x4...

Its been raining all day but I will let you guys know how it went when I get a chance to fly...

What bird are you trying it on, my original mavic had it and works great
I like to experiment soo I did the mod.....
Force boost 1.5W compare to the FCC only 0.4W output is 4 times stronger.
My remote is on steroids magnified x4...

Its been raining all day but I will let you guys know how it went when I get a chance to fly...

I think it was a feature for earlier models, don't think current models have the boost mode. If you are already on an FCC region you won't see any benefit, but you can measure the output power with the proper device to see if it changes anything.

I'm en Europe, so whatever you get is way better than default. Max range on ideal conditions will be limited by the battery anyway (high ground and unobstructed LOS), but on FCC mode you don't have to be pointing the controller at all times.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
FCC BOOST works with drones using the GO4 app, later drones using the FLY app apparently don't support it. There are other software configurable settings missing too - such as being able to stop the flight app from using the mobile device to send GPS positioning information to servers.

Reactions: DARKSeifer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngmurray