DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC hack Micro B - Type C

stavrosdeve

Reactions
Hi guys,

i have recently tested the FCC hack used a Type C - Type C cable on a Air 2s and of course it worked perfect. My question is, can we use a Micro B - Type C cable? I tried with the normal patch but didn't work.
Is there another patch available for micro B mobile? Or could we use a micro use B to Type C adapter? Will it work?
1669971509420.png

It has nothing to do with the cable. Shure, you can use another cable! I never used a usb-c to usb-c cable.

It has nothing to do with the cable. Shure, you can use another cable! I never used a usb-c to usb-c cable.
well, i used a micro usb type B to connect my android phone and then hack didn't work. I got the message that controller dot detected or something like that. It worked ok with another mobile which has type C port. so it has to do with the cable.

Yes, that happens if you have a cable that is only for charging and not fully connected. Try a different cable.

Yes, that happens if you have a cable that is only for charging and not fully connected. Try a different cable.
Ah right!! Maybe it is a charging only cable! I will try another cable. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

I use usb c to usb c cable of course to connect an air 2 or air 2s, my phone is Samsung usb c and the controllers upper and lower sockets are usb c, it makes sense!
Yes some cables are crap or just for charging but a quality one with good comments eg off amazon.
I patch and it improves the drone enormously made me v happy that day!

well on the modern tx it is usb c connections ie with air2 I use usb c to usb c this then goes in my phone which is usb c, but apple will need another cable

Unfortunately I m trying with my air2s full updated (2500 aircraft, .100 RC n1)and nothing, I ve already checked with many cables and other android phone and nothing my phone's has not find my RC from the bottom usb check my video to tell me if I m doing any wrong

Ordered some OTG cables from 50Cal but no success :(
I used the 50Cal USB-C to USB-C on my Samsung Galaxy S8 but the patch did not work. Then tried the 50Cal USB-C to micro USB to my Motorola Moto G but did not work either. I even noticed that it the cable is not 'symmetric': I can only use one of the USB-C connectors to connect to the RC, if I take the other end it does not work. So those cables seem to be crap and I will have to look further to find a decent one.
With the original cables from DJI it works on the USB-C to USB-C with my Samsung phone, but when I use an adapter to go from USB-C to microUSB and use that on the Motorola it does not work. So it must be the 50Cal cables that are not doing what they should do.

Last edited:
Strange: if i connect the drone to the controller and the Motorola using the provided cable from DJI (USB-C to micro USB) and try to patch using the USB connector on the bottom of the RC, it does not see the controller. The cable however works without problem if I use it on the top USB connector to make connection.
Anyone who can explain this?
Could it have something to do with the fact that on the Motorola I only have Litchi installed because that phone does not accept the DJI Flyapp?

I also have the same problem.
I have a Samsung S7 Edge which has a micro USB port. The hack never worked with any cable that I have tried.
I tried the DJI supplied usb c to micro usb cable.
I tried a gold plated Hama c to b cable.
I tried the c to c DJI cable with an adapter.

Nothing works. The phone never sees the controller and the patch is never applied. I dont have another phone to try the hack, and of course I am not going to purchase a new smartphone just to see if the hack works.

All the above cables work perfectly with the DJI app when connected to the top controller port, so I am at a loss here.

I dont know if I am just so unlucky or there are others out there who simply dont bother with the FCC app.

DJI Mini 2
Firmware 1.4
DJI Fly 1.5.x

Well, I tried a lot of cables here and finally I found one that does the trick. I experienced with lots of cables (OTG, data transfer cables, 50cal cable,...) and none worked, except that one of which I don't remember where I bought it a while ago.
It remains a mystery why some cables work and other don't...

Reactions: c64-dev
Well, I tried a lot of cables here and finally I found one that does the trick. I experienced with lots of cables (OTG, data transfer cables, 50cal cable,...) and none worked, except that one of which I don't remember where I bought it a while ago.
It remains a mystery why some cables work and other don't...
When you connected the working cable did the fcc app offer to launch on its own? I ask because no matter what cable I try, none causes the app to bring up the prompt to launch that I've seen in videos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones