DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC Mode Destroys CE Mode

Pilot25dmc

Reactions
So I fly my Mavic Air regularly from my balcony here on the North Coast of Northern Ireland.

Today I flew out to a lovely old three masted yacht anchored just of shore. I fly with the FCC ‘hack’ and everything just works, great distance and hardly any warnings (mostly wind related).

I get back to my balcony and prepare to fly out again, I swap batteries and restart the drone, only this time I accidentally hit the ‘ok’ on the wifi zone warning and my Air reverted back to CE mode.

OH MY GOD. CE mode is terrible, I mean REALLY terrible. Max distance was about 2000ft before the video started freezing and stuttering and I got loads of warnings about interference. This was less than 3 minutes after I had flown the very same route in FCC mode and I got no video problems or warnings.

The second I get a chance I am swapping right back to FCC mode as the Mavic Air is just not fun to fly in CE mode.

Reactions: revenFr
If you do that illegal act, someone here might be forced to report you to the Irish authorities,
FCC mode is for Americans ONLY! :D :D Just kidding! Have fun. How about posting the video of that flight?

I get up to 3 miles away on xxx mode and I just got the range extenders so I will let u know what range I get

Yeah I’ve just done the mod on my MA. Was struggling to get much passed 300m with a reliable live feed and 4-500m with all sorts of weak transmission warnings in CE mode.

I’ve had her out to 1700m on FCC mode and could have gone further but would have been approaching roads instead of fields so backed out.

I am in west cork and I was getting up to 6,772 ft away at a hight of 330ft when I get a dry day I will test out the fcc mode and I have the range extender as well

Great pic of the 3 master! .. I’m in uk and use iOS 12.* on an iPad, I would appreciate pointing in the direction of a “dummies guide” so I can try FCC mode and also it would be good if the said guide included how to switch back and forth between FCC and CE or is it simpler just to use FCC permanently ? .. thx in advance ..

Do
Great pic of the 3 master! .. I’m in uk and use iOS 12.* on an iPad, I would appreciate pointing in the direction of a “dummies guide” so I can try FCC mode and also it would be good if the said guide included how to switch back and forth between FCC and CE or is it simpler just to use FCC permanently ? .. thx in advance ..

Do you have access to an Android device just to spoof your location? You can then go back to using your iOS device.

It’s what I did and it took me all of about 2 minutes.

Pardon me for my ignorance ... but is FCC and CE modes only on the Mavic Air? I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and don't recall seeing where I could switch between the two.
BTW, what a beautiful shot of the 3 master ship.

Captjim no u can put all mavic in to fcc mode and back to ce mode all u need is a android phone and fake GPS

My mavic air is set to fcc mode and I use a iPhone 7 with it but I have a galaxy s6 edge as well I can get 15,900 ft = 3 miles away and back on 1 battery and I have not tried using the range extenders I have yet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO