DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in China

Valdez

Reactions
I went to the DJI shop in the Chinese town I live in to see if I could get my controller to transmit in the higher power FCC mode (transmitter range is poor, much worse than my previous drone, a Hubsan H501S Advanced). Apparently, it is already in FCC mode in the PRC, according to the assistant.

Does anybody know if this is true? There isn't a lot of money in making a quick software modification, and I suspect he didn't want to be bothered (the guy was watching TV on his phone)

There are clear indications within the DJI Go Software that show you if you are in FCC Mode... or not.

Did you check this ?

There are clear indications within the DJI Go Software that show you if you are in FCC Mode... or not.

Did you check this ?
Are you sure? As I understand it, the only indication you have that you are in fcc mode in to compare rc range with an identical mavic in ce mode.

I tried to explain it here
4213ef602dc25d1ea81f5e914e571967.jpg

are just around the corner for you

With the Booster you will get the full range of CE, so you will be withing Regulations.

edit: You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by just using the 'Forceboost App' than going to a shop for FCC mode.

*It's a quite a specific request for a store in China, who may or may not have anti-mod leaning.
I will be frowned upon, (as Marvin Kuhns's helpful post may be) for even mentioning the Forceboost app here.

As good as said App is, nothing compares to the linked booster so CE/FCC mode becomes much less of an issue

Last edited:
Reactions: Valdez

are just around the corner for you

With the Booster you will get the full range of CE, so you will be withing Regulations.

edit: You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by just using the 'Forceboost App' than going to a shop for FCC mode.

*It's a quite a specific request for a store in China, who may or may not have anti-mod leaning.
I will be frowned upon, (as Marvin Kuhns's helpful post may be) for even mentioning the Forceboost app here.

As good as said App is, nothing compares to the linked booster so CE/FCC mode becomes much less of an issue
Trying Martin Kuhn's method, clearly Mavics in the PRC are in CE mode.

I don't know why DJI shop would misinform me like this. If they don't know, they should say. If they can't, or won't make the software changes I had asked for, likewise.

All they have done is ensured I will never buy anything from them again.

View attachment 72335
Trying Martin Kuhn's method, clearly Mavics in the PRC are in CE mode.

I don't know why DJI shop would misinform me like this. If they don't know, they should say. If they can't, or won't make the software changes I had asked for, likewise.

All they have done is ensured I will never buy anything from them again.

Lol, they sound like a Hobby Shop more than a drone shop.
Hobby Shop personel can be intimidating in a... let's say 'eclectic ' fashion
sometimes.
But with most things some can be cool.

If it's a DJi product. I highly reccomend The Alientech. If range is your goal, it will knock your sox off.
They will only converse, answer your Q's up until the item is sent, but luckily the product is that good, that's
all you need them to :)

Reactions: Valdez
I went to the DJI shop in the Chinese town I live in to see if I could get my controller to transmit in the higher power FCC mode (transmitter range is poor, much worse than my previous drone, a Hubsan H501S Advanced). Apparently, it is already in FCC mode in the PRC, according to the assistant.

Does anybody know if this is true? There isn't a lot of money in making a quick software modification, and I suspect he didn't want to be bothered (the guy was watching TV on his phone)
The mavics in China are in SRRC mode because that's the local standard.
The DJI shop is not going to help you hack the drone to fly illegally.

There are several worldwide standards for transmission depending on region and nearly all are very similar or identical to CE.
Only FCC (Americas) has higher power.
If you're outside that region your drone is going to be on a near CE equivalent because that's the law.

The power levels for various regions are here: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

The mavics in China are in SRRC mode because that's the local standard.
The DJI shop is not going to help you hack the drone to fly illegally.

There are several worldwide standards for transmission depending on region and nearly all are very similar or identical to CE.
Only FCC (Americas) has higher power.
If you're outside that region your drone is going to be on a near CE equivalent because that's the law.

The power levels for various regions are here: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI
Hmm,

The Dji shop was just being lazy. If that's the law, they would have said. Instead, they claimed it was already in FCC mode.

The thing is, rival manufacturers Hubsan, made in the same city (Shenzhen), and sold in the same market, are not geofenced, and have ridiculously powerful transmitters, with ranges exceeding 7 miles (the advanced transmitter).

As with most laws in China, they are mostly observed in the breach.

What model of hubsan drone has a good range . I thought they all were 500 m or less .
I only own DJI but always like to know what’s out there

What model of hubsan drone has a good range . I thought they all were 500 m or less .
I only own DJI but always like to know what’s out there

The Hubsan H501s Advanced is an inferior drone to the Mavic Pro in most ways (no gimbal, 2mp camera, half the max altitude - 250m), but it does have an absolutely epic transmitter--12volt, and massive range. You'll run out of flight battery before even coming close to exceeding transmitter range.

This is why I have such trouble accepting to multitude of interference and signal strength warnings you get with the Mavic (at least in CE mode) , even at exceedingly modest ranges.

I have a Hubsan H501SH501A and they are good little drones but they don’t come close to a Mavic pro you’re having some kind of software problem or something because there’s no way A h501 could ever match A mavic pro in a rage test.mile at best I think 1700 meters I got an in the same open area the mavic hoes and goes only the battery limits it’s range!!

I have a Hubsan H501SH501A and they are good little drones but they don’t come close to a Mavic pro you’re having some kind of software problem or something because there’s no way A h501 could ever match A mavic pro in a rage test.mile at best I think 1700 meters I got an in the same open area the mavic hoes and goes only the battery limits it’s range!!
There are two issues here, range of the drone, and transmitter range.

The mavic has far superior endurance, and it flies faster, so potentially, will go further. The issue is transmitter range. The hubsan advanced transmitter has a 12volt battery, and burns through the charge like there's no tomorrow. The mavic has a 3.7Volt transmitter, and has good range even in CE mode, if you fly the drone out to sea, where there is little in the way of microwave radiation...

In similar conditions to the Hubsan, though, it complains of weak signal, and interference, sometimes at a range as little as 500 metres. Having owned both, the achilles heel of the mavic, at least in CE mode, is transmitter range.

The Hubsan H501s Advanced is an inferior drone to the Mavic Pro in most ways (no gimbal, 2mp camera, half the max altitude - 250m), but it does have an absolutely epic transmitter--12volt, and massive range. You'll run out of flight battery before even coming filezilla uc browser rufus close to exceeding transmitter range.

This is why I have such trouble accepting to multitude of interference and signal strength warnings you get with the Mavic (at least in CE mode) , even at exceedingly modest ranges.
The thing is, rival manufacturers Hubsan, made in the same city (Shenzhen), and sold in the same market, are not geofenced, and have ridiculously powerful transmitters, with ranges exceeding 7 miles (the advanced transmitter).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser