DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode on iOS for Mavic Air 2

MoloneyJ76

Reactions
Hi all!

I just got my first drone (Mavic Air 2) and I’m loving everything about it except the range. I’ve tried flying with clear line of sight between the controller and drone (on a beach) and in urban areas and I can’t get more than 700m-1000m in range.

I looked around on the forums here and saw something called FCC mode mentioned, I was wondering if this is possible on iOS and if so how?

Or if there’s any other way to boost the range on it I’d really appreciate the help!

TYIA

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately there is no way to switch between the FCC and CE modes manually. The mode is determined by your location. There are ways to spoof the GPS and I think some have hacked the software, but at the least, these would void your warranty.

There are other ways to extend the range with accessories (reflectors, boosters) that you could look into.

Hi all!

I just got my first drone (Mavic Air 2) and I’m loving everything about it except the range. I’ve tried flying with clear line of sight between the controller and drone (on a beach) and in urban areas and I can’t get more than 700m-1000m in range.

I looked around on the forums here and saw something called FCC mode mentioned, I was wondering if this is possible on iOS and if so how?

Or if there’s any other way to boost the range on it I’d really appreciate the help!

TYIA

Hi all!

TYIA
Alternatively this is cheaper:

And for peace of mind there’s a thread on this forum full of users happy to vouch for me:

Feel free to drop me a pm if you have any questions.

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately there is no way to switch between the FCC and CE modes manually. The mode is determined by your location. There are ways to spoof the GPS and I think some have hacked the software, but at the least, these would void your warranty.

There are other ways to extend the range with accessories (reflectors, boosters) that you could look into.
If you use NLD or Drone Hacks it does not void your warranty.

Hey @Ice_2k I'm just about to pull the pin on this. After researching, it seems to be the best way forward for me - do you know anything personally or just what you've read? Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair