DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature Removed? "Find My Drone" Landing Videos

js47

Reactions
Site
www.jakestarrphotography.com
The automatically recorded landing videos viewable in the "Find My Drone" section of the DJI Fly app suddenly stopped updating for me a few months ago. I have been back and forth with DJI support about it multiple times now. Today, they finally told me that the 10-second automatically recorded landing videos ("10-second cache video" in their terminology) were never intended to work with the Mavic 3 series of drones (including all sub-models, and regardless of whether using the app on iOS, Android, DJI RC, or RC Pro) and that the feature was removed because the feature itself was deemed to be a bug!

The feature worked for app versions 1.9.8 and 1.9.9, only, and this tracks with what I see from my flight records — the landing video stopped updating beginning with the first flight I made after updating from 1.9.9 to 1.10.1.

Just posting this here because I am totally baffled by DJI's decision. Does anyone have this feature still working?

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 12.59.23.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 12.59.45.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 13.58.55.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 14.03.21.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 13.01.45.png

I'm currently on 1.9.4 on my RC and I am not aware that it is there. Ive crashed a few times and used the Find my Drone function, but never noticed if it was an option, i can check...

I have a thread here about wanting to update but unsure... Mavic 3 updates 01.00.1000

I'm currently on 1.9.4 on my RC and I am not aware that it is there. Ive crashed a few times and used the Find my Drone function, but never noticed if it was an option, i can check...

I have a thread here about wanting to update but unsure... Mavic 3 updates 01.00.1000

Yikes that is pretty good to know but unfortunately I suspect my M3 firmware has already been updated to beyond that!

The only update that should matter for this landing video bug should be that of the Fly App or RC app, though, not the firmware level of the drone.

The automatically recorded landing videos viewable in the "Find My Drone" section of the DJI Fly app suddenly stopped updating for me a few months ago. I have been back and forth with DJI support about it multiple times now. Today, they finally told me that the 10-second automatically recorded landing videos ("10-second cache video" in their terminology) were never intended to work with the Mavic 3 series of drones (including all sub-models, and regardless of whether using the app on iOS, Android, DJI RC, or RC Pro) and that the feature was removed because the feature itself was deemed to be a bug!

The feature worked for app versions 1.9.8 and 1.9.9, only, and this tracks with what I see from my flight records — the landing video stopped updating beginning with the first flight I made after updating from 1.9.9 to 1.10.1.

Just posting this here because I am totally baffled by DJI's decision. Does anyone have this feature still working?

View attachment 166624
View attachment 166625
View attachment 166631
View attachment 166632
View attachment 166626
I get a “403 Forbidden” message when i go to your website. “Request forbidden by administrative rules.”

Reactions: js47
I get a “403 Forbidden” message when i go to your website. “Request forbidden by administrative rules.”

Thanks for letting me know!! I can't replicate your error on my end (I have tried multiple devices and browsers, VPNs, etc). Can you tell me more about how you got the error? Or maybe it works now?

Thanks for letting me know!! I can't replicate your error on my end (I have tried multiple devices and browsers, VPNs, etc). Can you tell me more about how you got the error? Or maybe it works now?
The first time I copied the URL from your signature. Just now I clicked on the “Site” info in your profile on the left of the post. Same result. FYI, doing it on an iPad using Safari. And a VPN.

Attachments

• IMG_3504.jpeg
    IMG_3504.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The first time I copied the URL from your signature. Just now I clicked on the “Site” info in your profile on the left of the post. Same result. FYI, doing it on an iPad using Safari. And a VPN.
It’s the VPN. I turned it off, got to the site. Closed the site window, turned VPN back on, and can’t get there again. BTW, nice photos!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne