DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File naming ends with S, T or V

Steelcover

Reactions
first post and new to DJI system. When videoing it (Mavic 3) records three files to the SD, with the same name, except the last letter. Which is S, T or V. I can clearly see there is a difference in file size, just wondering what the extension means.

Attachments

• 18B453A8-8175-4468-ADC0-82C6BA556261.jpeg
    18B453A8-8175-4468-ADC0-82C6BA556261.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 43
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

The SRT file is a close caption file. I'll have to check the others

If I understand correctly SRT would be the flight data file that goes along with the same named video file (with no .SRT). Again if I understand correctly, the SRT is used with certain programs or apps to add flight paths and alt data. Hopefully I read that correctly?

If I understand correctly SRT would be the flight data file that goes along with the same named video file (with no .SRT). Again if I understand correctly, the SRT is used with certain programs or apps to add flight paths and alt data. Hopefully I read that correctly?
SRT, or SubRip File Format, is one of the most popular subtitle file formats for video content. These plain text files include the text of the subtitles in sequence, along with the start and end timecodes. However, an SRT file does not contain any video or audio content.

Reactions: Steelcover
Thanks for the SRT description. Helpful. Is it normal to see other three files generated for the same video? Ending with S, T and/or V ? It has to be some resolution related formatting, maybe 720, 1080 or 4k. But that is only a guess on my side.

Thanks for the SRT description. Helpful. Is it normal to see other three files generated for the same video? Ending with S, T and/or V ? It has to be some resolution related formatting, maybe 720, 1080 or 4k. But that is only a guess on my side.
I am unable to find anything about this. I think you might be correct.
I didn't think that it would record in two different resolutions at the same time though.

Thanks for looking. I searched Google and was surprised not find anything on it. It actually records in three different formats at the same time, lol.
We’ll open to the floor, hopefully someone has some info, To share.
Thanks again.

Which version of the Mavic 3 are you flying? I know my Matrice 300 with H20T payload would save 3 images each time as well. T W and Z were the labels. T = thermal, W = wide angle lens, Z = zoom lens. If you’re running the the enterprise version with thermal, that’s what T would stand for. If you’re using the standard or Cine version, the T may stand for the Tele camera. Is there any obvious differences in the image?

Reactions: GFields
OK Thanks. This is what I know about the drone specs, Mavic 3, Thermal w/Pro controller. I have a lots of schoolin to go :) still.
I review the files again with the input you gave. You disc. seems correct.
DJI_20230121152125_0001_S 1.2GB Is the actual footage. I see the video switch from Std to Thermal as the 13sec mark. and continue in thermal until the end 0:05:47 as it was recorded
DJI_20230121152125_0001_T 257MB Is the Thermal video only. There is no std footage, only thermal
DJI_20230121152125_0001_V 3.67GB Must be the high res or maybe RAW footage. Std video only, No thermal switching at the 13sec mark.

Thanks Have a good day

OK Thanks. This is what I know about the drone specs, Mavic 3, Thermal w/Pro controller. I have a lots of schoolin to go :) still.
I review the files again with the input you gave. You disc. seems correct.
DJI_20230121152125_0001_S 1.2GB Is the actual footage. I see the video switch from Std to Thermal as the 13sec mark. and continue in thermal until the end 0:05:47 as it was recorded
DJI_20230121152125_0001_T 257MB Is the Thermal video only. There is no std footage, only thermal
DJI_20230121152125_0001_V 3.67GB Must be the high res or maybe RAW footage. Std video only, No thermal switching at the 13sec mark.

Thanks Have a good day
This is just a guess:

S = spliced or screen (as in what was visible on the controller’s screen during recording)
T = Thermal
V = Video

first post and new to DJI system. When videoing it (Mavic 3) records three files to the SD, with the same name, except the last letter. Which is S, T or V. I can clearly see there is a difference in file size, just wondering what the extension means.
Hello,
I have a question related to image file names generated from the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I attempted a search on the forum to see if someone had already posted a similar question but was not able to find any references.
Executed my first mapping job with the M3E using the DroneDeploy app on the RC Pro. Here is a sample image name generated from the mission: "DJI_20240131091611_0009_V_map-plan-65ba55df3d370f56e864844f-wp-3".
When attempting to process via Maps Made Easy, I received an error that the image file name was too long. I can't determine where the "_map-plan-65ba55df3d370f56e864844f-wp-3" is being added and if it is being added by DroneDeploy or DJI. Has anyone run into this situation?

Thanks.

Hello,
I have a question related to image file names generated from the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I attempted a search on the forum to see if someone had already posted a similar question but was not able to find any references.
Executed my first mapping job with the M3E using the DroneDeploy app on the RC Pro. Here is a sample image name generated from the mission: "DJI_20240131091611_0009_V_map-plan-65ba55df3d370f56e864844f-wp-3".
When attempting to process via Maps Made Easy, I received an error that the image file name was too long. I can't determine where the "_map-plan-65ba55df3d370f56e864844f-wp-3" is being added and if it is being added by DroneDeploy or DJI. Has anyone run into this situation?

Thanks.
Hi jdevlin22,
It seems that it's the Mavic/Pilot 2 that is adding the image names. An idea is to import them into an application like Adobe Lightroom and export them using the "Rename To" capability '

Good luck!
Lightroom_Numbering.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143