DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File numbering on sd card

flyboy

Reactions
Hi All.
Is it possible to set the mavic so that it sequentially numbers the video files across all the sd cards instead of restarting the file numbers from 1 every time you swap the card. Every digital camera I have ever owned seems to handle this without problems.

Yes, look into your settings on the DJI Go app, for 'continuous' file indexing. Oh, wait, you want that behavior across all SD cards... I don't think so. Very very few cameras will support that as it has to remember the number somewhere.

Worth trying that setting, I generally format every time I download and it continues from last file number, it wouldn't know anything about which card was inserted.

Thanks Halley,
I usually move the files from the sd card to a computer via usb and it gets tricky trying to organise the files into the correct sequence when you have three or more files numbered 1.

I have just spent an hour trying to find that continuous indexing setting in the various menus .. Any hints how to find it.
My various digital cameras all remember the next file number across different sd cards so presumably they do store the number somewhere.

Thanks J-dub... Went through that menu but didn't realise it extended below the screen. Have set it to continuous so I will see what happens.
Thanks again all for your help.
Mavic really is a very nice drone

Reactions: LelandS and J-Dub
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS