DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File Transfer

Ryanmini

Reactions
this may have been discussed loads of times, but im new to this stuff, im using an iphone and an SD card in the drone whats the best way to get your footage onto your phone to edit a video but also keep the quality of the footage, im using a mavic mini 1 just seems every other way i use to put the footage onto my phone it goes grainy like it been downgraded res.
thanks Ryan , PS be so much easier with a samsung phone lol

I would get a SD card to Apple Lightning adapter. Then you can import the files directly in to the phone.

I would get a SD card to Apple Lightning adapter. Then you can import the files directly in to the phone.
I’ve tried but it comes up saying accessorie not supported, iPhones can be so funny about what you put into them

just seems every other way i use to put the footage onto my phone it goes grainy like it been downgraded res.

Are you downloading the selected files to your phone?

It's an extra step that you have to do.

If you have cached video switched ON in the app, that may be the footage you are seeing on your phone and it is poor quality and not suitable for editing.

I’ve tried but it comes up saying accessorie not supported, iPhones can be so funny about what you put into them

I get that message every time I plug the OTG cable in my mini4.

Although it's not "supported", it still works.

I think it's Apple's way of saying that's not our stuff so it's not supported. ?

Are you using the Apple-branded adapter or 3rd party? The ones sold by Apple (Apple, Belkin) should work without error.

@Ryanmini. I use an sd card reader for iPhone purchased on eBay for around $12.00 Can. Been using it for over a year to transfer pics & vids from my PS3 & MM‘s micro sd cards to my iPhone 6 & iPad gen5. No issues so far. BTW. It came with the adapter for the micro sd cards.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+