DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filmed the M2P with the MPP

He was at a pretty significant altitude with zero dwell time at any point. It's legal in the U.S. to fly over traffic as I understand it. There weren't any crowds he flew over, and if you look closely, the four people he launched from included his significant other and the guy with the drone- you can see his controller and all seemed pretty cool about it. He wasn't over them, it looked like a dronie shot, ie., moving up and away. The other couple earlier in the shot, was again, the drone guy and his girl.

Honest question: what was illegal or uncool about this vid?

The rules say you can fly over people inside of cars but you can’t fly over strangers that are not in cars . Going off topic here but do you ever fly at Hudson on the Saint Croix I fly there quite a bit I am from Minneapolis we should meet up there sometime. Cool video by the way

Reactions: BingErr
That's good info. I plan to call and ask them how they feel about flights over roadways (parallel vs perpendicular) Thanks again!
The way it’s been explained to me, as long as your uas is not crossing over a moving vehicle. If I need to cross the roadway, I do it as if I were in a vehicle, walking or on a bike...wait till traffic clears and then cross. I also taking in consideration my altitude. The main thing is making sure your aircraft will not strike a moving vehicle or person. These quads drop, they don’t autorotate or glide like manned aircraft.

That's a good job tracking, it's a lot harder than it looks

Reactions: Thomas B
The rules say you can fly over people inside of cars but you can’t fly over strangers that are not in cars . Going off topic here but do you ever fly at Hudson on the Saint Croix I fly there quite a bit I am from Minneapolis we should meet up there sometime. Cool video by the way
I don't fly a lot in the cities... but I should! Mostly because I work nights and sleep in. Then by the time I wake up and drive to Minneapolis the sun is gone. But I have a couple vids from the twin cities area. Just flew at Lake Elmo 2 weeks ago when I had to get to Woodbury for an appt.

If you have any great areas you like to fly then I'd love to meet up and check them out. I'll send you a message with my full name and you can Facebook me or send me your details. Thanks for watching!
Corey B

Words to live by when dealing with the FAA. Never do anything you can't explain in a hearing.
Corollary: Afterwards, if there is an issue, despite your explanation, keep your mouth shut! Whatever you say can and will be used against you! Do not answer any questions without an attorney present. It's your right, but it only works if you invoke it!

Last edited:
Five (5) words:
"In furtherance of a business."
If "yes": Part 107
If "no": Recreational.

there are MANY other items that pops the protective bubble than just furthering a business.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa