DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming National Parks From Outside

Oh, and just to the south is the Navajo Reservation. Not sure their stance on drones but I would guess it's a no-go. So in short, there might be a small open window in which to fly but very tricky. Absolutely spectacular country though and would make for great views.
Someone posted a video in the navajo reservation while they said its prohibited the rangers there let someone fly and are lax

Yes it's ridiculous how many places are starting to ban drones.

At this rate, in 5-10 years they won't be allowed anywhere.

That's kind of how I came up with the idea for this thread.
Seriously they are twelve inch toys

Here are the latest National Park Services rules on the matter
This is the specific area of interest that I believe pertains to us flying our drones in those areas.

9. Does it matter where an unmanned aircraft is used for the required closures to apply?

Yes. The NPS has the authority to regulate or prohibit the use of unmanned aircraft from or on lands and waters administered by the NPS. As a result, the compendium closures required by the Policy Memorandum only apply to launching, landing, or operating unmanned aircraft from or on lands and waters administered by the NPS within the boundaries of the park. The closures do not apply to launching, landing, or operating unmanned aircraft from or on non-federally (e.g., private or state) owned lands located within the exterior boundaries of the park. The closures do not apply to the flight of unmanned aircraft in the airspace above a park if the device is launched, landed, and operated from or on lands and waters that are not administered by the NPS.
Are you sure that there is no newer draft of the law or policy regarding this issue? This is back from 2014 so it worries me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato