DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filters for photos

Generally speaking I would say no.
If you want slow shutter speeds to blur the motion of moving water or light trails then yes.

Reactions: kjcbid54
Other than polarization filters for glare is there any benefit to using VND filters on the MA2 when shooting photos only?
Unless you have a particular reason to force a slower shutter speed, there is no reason to use ND filters when shooting stills with your drone.
Leave them off because they will just make things more difficult.

Ok, newby question to go with this... What do those filters do? anybody want to give me a lesson? And .. I AM NOT a photographer so speak in English please.

I shot this photo with a MA2 using a ND9 filter with a lens opening of f2.8, an ISO of 100 and a shutter speed of 3 seconds. It was shot just as the sun came over the horizon. I use ND filters for these type of shots and when I want to shoot light trails just before dawn and just after dusk.

Attachments

• 1606998964174.png
    1606998964174.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
Ok, newby question to go with this... What do those filters do? anybody want to give me a lesson? And .. I AM NOT a photographer so speak in English please.
In short, they reduce the amount of light getting to the sensor without changing colour values.

This video explains it quite well. In short, they make your footage look more realistic, especially when you have a contrast between flying fast over something whilst shooting something far off in the distance. For example zooming a few feet above a field whilst looking at mountains in the distance.

Reactions: SlugHead
I shot this photo with a MA2 using a ND9 filter with a lens opening of f2.8, an ISO of 100 and a shutter speed of 3 seconds. It was shot just as the sun came over the horizon. I use ND filters for these type of shots and when I want to shoot light trails just before dawn and just after dusk.
Beautiful shot

I think when shooting photos there is a benefit of VND filters.
You might think so, but you are incorrect

Unless you have a particular reason to want to force a slower shutter speed, there is no reason to use ND filters for shooting stills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78