DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally an owner

slimcobra

Reactions
Sorry I'm so excited I have to brag. I ordered my Mavic on black friday and got $100 off. I also had my wife buy it through her school email account so I got another 10% off. Then when I opened the box last night they threw in a landing pad and the control stick cover. Unfortunately between work and a trip I'm taking this weekend the first chance I have to get it in the air is the 9th. I have following the advice of fellow member and I have been reading the manual from cover to cover and watching tutorials online, but I'm still nervous as hell about flying it off very far.

Congrats! Once you fly for the first time, you will see just how easy it is!

This forum is an excellent resource if you have any questions, it has helped me a ton.

Take the time you have to plan a few initial flight. Figure out what you want to do, for instants take off and landing, return to home function, video on off, still pictures, fly 200 feet away backwards in return, practising figure eights, Manual landing,etc.

Sorry I'm so excited I have to brag. I ordered my Mavic on black friday and got $100 off. I also had my wife buy it through her school email account so I got another 10% off. Then when I opened the box last night they threw in a landing pad and the control stick cover. Unfortunately between work and a trip I'm taking this weekend the first chance I have to get it in the air is the 9th. I have following the advice of fellow member and I have been reading the manual from cover to cover and watching tutorials online, but I'm still nervous as **** about flying it off very far.

Congratulation on your new purchase. You’re going to love it!!

Keep it in line of sight, practice loads, don’t forget to do your pre flight checks and just enjoy! I’m a month long mavic owner and addicted - even if I’ve only got an hours flight time in so far :)

Don't turn off motors at 100', I have wondered if they can restart and recover but not about to try.

Awesome !!

I know the feeling, makes you feel like a kid again, enjoy, enjoy and enjoy !!

How many flights did it take for you guys to feel comfortable flying? Actually let me ask this way, how many fights did it take before you were comfortable flying somewhere that you might not get it back if things went sideways?

How many flights did it take for you guys to feel comfortable flying? Actually let me ask this way, how many fights did it take before you were comfortable flying somewhere that you might not get it back if things went sideways?

I think complacency is the enemy, the first time you take your eye off the ball is when you’ll crash. I think an element of nervousness helps you stay focussed. I do all my checks and keep it in sight and make sure there’s nothing that can impede the flight. I’m quite new: I have only got 9 flights under my belt and about 1 hour of flight time - total distance just under 2 miles in total

Sorry I'm so excited I have to brag. I ordered my Mavic on black friday and got $100 off. I also had my wife buy it through her school email account so I got another 10% off. Then when I opened the box last night they threw in a landing pad and the control stick cover. Unfortunately between work and a trip I'm taking this weekend the first chance I have to get it in the air is the 9th. I have following the advice of fellow member and I have been reading the manual from cover to cover and watching tutorials online, but I'm still nervous as **** about flying it off very far.
Congrats on your Mavic
im new too and will have my MP sitting under the xmas tree for nearly a month before i can fly it.

Take it easy at first but these are so precise and stable you’ll feel like a pro in no time! I just went through all 3 of my batteries in sport mode, and this bird just blows me away every time! I’ve had mine since July. Love it love it love it!!

The nerves never go away, but the excitement of bringing it home safely every flight will never diminish. Have fun, you won't be able to take that grin off your face the first time. I'm almost a year in and it still makes me smile.

Reactions: slimcobra
wytnyt, I don't know how you're going to hold out till Christmas.
waiting till Christmas is a small hurdle,winter is just beginning so even more waiting is likely.
the hardest part is having it under the tree and not being able to hold it,touch and caress it.
whew getting flushed here:eek:

waiting till Christmas is a small hurdle,winter is just beginning so even more waiting is likely.
the hardest part is having it under the tree and not being able to hold it,touch and caress it.
whew getting flushed here:eek:

1. Sneak under the tree at night, open it up, touch and caress it.
2. Pack it back carefully so it looks like nobody opened it.
3. Drink some strong liquor until you can't remember anything, go back to sleep.
4. Wake up in the morning, Mavic is still under the tree, you don't remember anything.
5. ???
6. PROFIT!!!

:D

Well I flew my Mavic for the first time yesterday and was nervous as hell the entire time. I made a few passes back and forth in the parking lot at work on my lunch and was about to fly over and past our building when I chickened out. I will fly again today at lunch and push myself and the Mavic further. I think part of the reason I might be so cautious is I have a Syma x8 that I have been flying and crashing for a year now. That thing just will not hover in place and lacks the power needed if there is any kind of wind and I think from my experience with it I have become overly cautious with the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ