DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally an upgrade worth talking about!

PTGui did struggler on the 106 images (mainly on the blue sky). What program is best to convert the file to a 360VR to post on Facebook?

Everybody needs to go in and check their settings. Many have been reset.
Also after uploading I noticed that my right stick was not working right. (It would move and climb when it should have just backed up. Returned to the ground and shut it all down. On restart it was good 👍 👌 made a short flight to check settings. Looks good now
Yep, mine were reset. Glad I noticed it at home and not when I was in a hurry.

Reactions: New England Droning
Yep, mine were reset. Glad I noticed it at home and not when I was in a hurry.
I know, I had been watching the videos on all the upgrades and I still need a couple more flights to make sure I got things back to normal. It never fails, IF I'm in a hurry for a sunset or really good light, then my drone is not in a hurry and it wants a Mani-Pedi or some such thing...

Reactions: GadgetGuy
PTGui did struggler on the 106 images (mainly on the blue sky). What program is best to convert the file to a 360VR to post on Facebook?
Photoshop can expand the canvas size into a true 360x180 ratio. Then just use the clone stamp or content aware fill or AI fill tool to fill in the empty area for the missing ceiling of your sky. You'll probably then need to downscale the image size for Facebook, as they don't support gigapanos, or even 500MB panos.

If you mean the stitch, it won't and can't stitch the 106 images, so no worries. It just shoots them for you.
Does anyone know easy way to choose the right pictures to get only a piece of this 360 view? Like if I would need only 4x3=12 pictures from certain area.
For photographic purposes 106 images is an overkill. I wonder why DJI didn't include smaller panorama views in 3x camera..

Reactions: New England Droning
Does anyone know easy way to choose the right pictures to get only a piece of this 360 view? Like if I would need only 4x3=12 pictures from certain area.
For photographic purposes 106 images is an overkill. I wonder why DJI didn't include smaller panorama views in 3x camera..
I've been doing this for quite a while. I haven't sold a single 360 pano but constantly take 2-8 frames that are adjacent to each other and I usually color code them (8) or green in LR and then photomerge and panorama and then use whichever projection works best. I just picked in this example 4 images from a 360 with my mini 2 and I've attached it.

I also attached a 12 image pano (out of 26 images) from my mavic 3 Pro of Nubble Lighthouse. if one projection in LR doesn't work then try another.

Attachments

• DJI_0006-Pano-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0006-Pano-Edit.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Radiant Colors of the Dawn above Nubble Lighthouse.jpg
    Radiant Colors of the Dawn above Nubble Lighthouse.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My issue with stitching a 360 is getting Facebook and Google images to recognise the images as 360.

Even if I use EXIF fixer to alter the EXIF information.

Can anyone let me know if they have managed this.

Uploading to Kuula works just fine however.

My issue with stitching a 360 is getting Facebook and Google images to recognise the images as 360.

Even if I use EXIF fixer to alter the EXIF information.

Can anyone let me know if they have managed this.

Uploading to Kuula works just fine however.
You have to convert it to a full 180x360. Expand the canvas and clone in a ceiling. Unlike the 1x spherical pano, that clones in a ceiling and stitches it for you, you have to do all this manually with the 3x pano images.

That's the beauty of shooting a 360 pano. By saving the original images, you can create any adjacent combination of the original images that you desire, from a single image up to the full 360°. By selecting smaller sections, you can easily increase the resolution up to the full 12MP of each of the original images on the 3x camera in the stitch. If you use the 1x camera, they are each 20MP images!

Reactions: MS Coast
I found one downside to the 3x pano, and it is that Google maps won't 3x 360 panos at their full size/resolution, so you have to downscale it and lose most of the added detail from a 1x pano. But as others have said, it's actually probably more useful for non-360 panos (or if you share 360s using something like Kuula).

I also noticed that the pano came out extremely warped unless I left a huge black area at the top, which is a little annoying. And then of course Lightroom will just error out if it has problems with the sky if I try and build the pano there, but I was able to use PTGUI to manually create control points in the sky (thankfully there were clouds with distinguishing features). From a workflow perspective, I'd really like to just use Lightroom and not PTGUI+Lightroom, but LR is just too automated for the 360 images I've thrown at it.

Canaan Valley Resort Golf Club · 230 Main Park Rd, Davis, WV 26260

One more use for the new firmware. I have read several times where people wanted to be able to fly almost grass height for special effects. Now they can turn off VPS, which activates landing, and fly low for some very nice footage.

One more use for the new firmware. I have read several times where people wanted to be able to fly almost grass height for special effects. Now they can turn off VPS, which activates landing, and fly low for some very nice footage.

Like Spotlight Mode video of the apertures at either end of a dachshund.

is there a way to disable the drone from creating a jpeg? takes forever and wastes battery power.
I wish we could have it SHOOT the 360 and choose NOT to process it. Just give me the files to stitch later. Then I can shoot just raw files and put them in a proper pano stitcher at home

I wish we could have it SHOOT the 360 and choose NOT to process it. Just give me the files to stitch later. Then I can shoot just raw files and put them in a proper pano stitcher at home
With the 3x 360, that's the only option, it won't process it for you.

But for 1x you can always choose to have it output raw files even if it processes a jpg in-drone...I always like having more control, but I'm not super concerned over not having the option to turn off in-drone processing since the time savings is minimal and the option to save the raw files is there so I can process on my own later.

With the 3x 360, that's the only option, it won't process it for you.

But for 1x you can always choose to have it output raw files even if it processes a jpg in-drone...I always like having more control, but I'm not super concerned over not having the option to turn off in-drone processing since the time savings is minimal and the option to save the raw files is there so I can process on my own later.
Indeed. Takes less than 25 seconds for the 1x main camera HiRes "in camera" stitching to occur, after the 40 seconds it takes to shoot it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c