DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally first day with refresh MA2 replacement, SHOULD'VE STAYED IN BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrafXXX

Reactions
As post suggests it was a bad day. Finally got the replacement drone all set up and had a free day, so lets fly.
The first battery ( which was replaced by dji back in February for free, no questions asked, so they took responsibility
for my issue with it) After the first flight it felt like I hadn't taken a day off from flying ( like that saying you never forget how to ride a bike)
Everything felt natural, The first battery / flight was smooth and clear on my ipad screen and around 10 minutes left on battery while flying with video filming, I got the return to home alert due to battery, which was fine and after it was about halfway back I noticed with the video recording off my battery was back over 12 minutes, so I took over the controls to speed it up, then put back into return to home settings just to check the accuracy on the new MA2. It was within 2 feet of home point landing, so my confidence was good. So after changing out the battery to a fully charged battery I had taken the same flight pattern as my previous flight hoping to take a few pictures of my daughter and wife at a friends birthday pool party. Once I got to the same basic area things started acting weird, there was heavy lag from my controls to my screen, and took almost 7-10 seconds to hear the picture taken noise after pressing the picture button. At that point the lag on my screen was too bad to keep flying and had gotten a few RC NOT CONNECTED warnings, so having 528 flights with the MA2 over the past 12 months I was confident it would go into return to home mode due to RC not connected ( as it just did due to the low battery the flight before). Well when the signal came back and I was able to see the screen I noticed it wasnt following the correct route back to home. But it kept going into RC NOT CONNECTED warnings, and I had no control. Again trusting it would go back into RETURN TO HOME mode as it always did. After a little more time the forced landing due to battery warning appeared and a quick connection on the screen gave me a quick view of approx where it was then again RC NOT CONNECTED error and I realized this is not going to end good, and then the FIND MY DRONE option came up. So I pressed it and realized that, that was the only working feature, so I drove to the location on the map and there it was within 3 feet of the mark on the map, in the middle of the entrance to a busy strip mall COMPLETELY DESTROYED. I had hoped it landed on a nice soft patch of grass and my day would continue, but it was the complete opposite, after picking up the main body and whatever was still attached, I was using my hands like a mini brush and pan scraping up all the little debris. And that was the end of the first day with the refresh replacement MA2, Im still upset or actually kinda more then upset. I never experienced not having control like this.

one thing that I did notice that was very weird was during the lagging and the RC NOT CONNECTED errors a flight area restricted screen came up briefly and I interperated as I was near a professional baseball field, well NJ does not have a professional baseball team, and prior to each of my flights I checked B4UFLY app and also made the map large on the DJI software to make sure the area I fly all year has not changed since having my previous MA2. That was a very weird pop up on the screen and really unexpected.

I pulled the .DAT file from IEXPLORER ( love this program for years) and uploaded to AIR DATA and can see things but as far as analyzing it, I was hoping someone could give me some insite.

thanks in advance if anyone can assist me in finding out what happened

sorry for poor grammar, too stressed to re-read and correct

Attachments

• 2021-07-10_13-56-28_FLY011.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 51
  • Wow
Reactions: dawgpilot
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine:

What a sad ending. I just wonder if the internal electronics just get corrupted over time. I haven’t flown my MA2 for some time, so I’ll have a few nervous flights until I have confidence in the drone.

What a sad ending. I just wonder if the internal electronics just get corrupted over time. I haven’t flown my MA2 for some time, so I’ll have a few nervous flights until I have confidence in the drone.
The drone was brand new, I received it this week through the refresh plan, that’s what is so concerning. It was only my 2nd battery worth of flying

Wonder how you were doing all of that turning with no radio signal myself.

Greetings welcome to the forum! I'm sure another call to DJI is in order! Hope you get a new one

Sorry guys OP has this posted already ?‍♂️
Logs being read there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member