Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally flew the M2ED for the first time today..... and in heavy wind

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Flew the M2ED for the first time today when it finally stopped raining for a bit and the fog lifted. I was anxious to get it in the air after having it since Tuesday. The wind was quite strong and the controller even warned me that strong wind was present. I cautiously hovered and it was rock solid .... so carefully took it to 125 ft over the trees (where I'm sure it was blowing much stronger.) Was a little nervous about the wind but again at altitude it was rock solid. After a few minutes, it started to rain again and had to bring it back down.

Tomorrow is supposed to sunny and my chance to finally led it spread wings ... and shoot some video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Just got mine few days ago as well. I flew at dusk, rock solid but at times it wasn’t holding height very well. It either ascend very slowly upwards or downwards. Let me know if you get the same thing.

As requested, here's footage (no soundtrack). You can see how heavy the wind was and how rock solid the M2ED was. Pilot app was warning of strong wind and to fly at my own risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatherXmas
That’s impressive. Do you know what the wind speed was?

UAV Forecast had the gusts at 19 mph - just at the limit for safe flying. But once the drone got up at 100ft altitude, the warnings went off on the Pilot app.

Yesterday I was flying the Mavic Air at a lake close by. I waited until afternoon when the wind died somewhat. When I took off, my anemometer measured gusts to 12 mph at the surface. Everything was fine for around 5 minutes. When the Air was at 120ft, a HUGE gust almost knocked me off my feet and send the helipad flying. It had to be well over 40 mph. The Mavic Air took at giant leap back with the gust in the air. Although UAV forecast said it was safe to fly, that was enough for me. I immediately landed the Air and quit. Three hours later the wind was down enough to shoot the thermal camera test with the M2ED - although at 125 ft, I was getting wind warnings on the Pilot app. (Again, UAV forecast said it was safe to fly at that altitude.)

Reactions: ZooCougar
UAV Forecast had the gusts at 19 mph - just at the limit for safe flying. But once the drone got up at 100ft altitude, the warnings went off on the Pilot app.

Yesterday I was flying the Mavic Air at a lake close by. I waited until afternoon when the wind died somewhat. When I took off, my anemometer measured gusts to 12 mph at the surface. Everything was fine for around 5 minutes. When the Air was at 120ft, a HUGE gust almost knocked me off my feet and send the helipad flying. It had to be well over 40 mph. The Mavic Air took at giant leap back with the gust in the air. Although UAV forecast said it was safe to fly, that was enough for me. I immediately landed the Air and quit. Three hours later the wind was down enough to shoot the thermal camera test with the M2ED - although at 125 ft, I was getting wind warnings on the Pilot app. (Again, UAV forecast said it was safe to fly at that altitude.)

With the way those trees were moving I would have guessed easily 25-30 mph, possibly more.

Agree. So much for the accuracy of UAV forecast which said gusts to 19 mph 100 ft above. And while it was a little scary, it was amazing how rock solid the M2ED was.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki