DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally got it in the air after….

THEYNINE

Reactions
FED EX finally got the mini to the house. After two days of sitting around waiting to sign for the thing, yayyy it arrived. Charged it up, took it in the backyard, sat it on its helipad and started setting up the remote with an IPAD bracket. But when I go to fly it says “ YER CHIPS OVERHEATED” and “ YER GIMBALS TOO WARM”. Sayyyy what!! Sitting in the sun for ten minutes overheated the thing? How do these guys in the desert fly these? Stuck it in the shade for a bit, and things were fine. Until it told me ‘ THERES A RUNWAY ACROSS THE RIVER, YOU’RE IN RESTRICTED AIRSPACE!” Oh man, that dinky little airport six miles away needs drone clearance?? Guess so! So then I had to go through the app and get a three day authorization. Any way to get a more permanent clearance for this, or am I just stuck filling in the blanks every three days? Whatever, the thing flew like a charm once it got going. Awesome small drone!

Reactions: NAVMAV
FED EX finally got the mini to the house. After two days of sitting around waiting to sign for the thing, yayyy it arrived. Charged it up, took it in the backyard, sat it on its helipad and started setting up the remote with an IPAD bracket. But when I go to fly it says “ YER CHIPS OVERHEATED” and “ YER GIMBALS TOO WARM”. Sayyyy what!! Sitting in the sun for ten minutes overheated the thing? How do these guys in the desert fly these? Stuck it in the shade for a bit, and things were fine. Until it told me ‘ THERES A RUNWAY ACROSS THE RIVER, YOU’RE IN RESTRICTED AIRSPACE!” Oh man, that dinky little airport six miles away needs drone clearance?? Guess so! So then I had to go through the app and get a three day authorization. Any way to get a more permanent clearance for this, or am I just stuck filling in the blanks every three days? Whatever, the thing flew like a charm once it got going. Awesome small drone!
If you can’t get approval through LAANC go to the FAA and you can get a 2 year clearance. I have one for my 4 square mile practice area that is in the restricted zones of 2 regional airports.

Reactions: Quad Craft
Greetings! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter