DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find My Mavic

most new tablets now have a gps chip built in them. so you can use maps to navigate, but google maps still need wifi internet to work. but other offline map apps work fine.
now back to the main topic of gps tracking the mavic if stolen. the stolen mavic would have to be turned on and connected to the DJI Go app on a phone, It then would have some communication to DJI servers. the mavic serial # would have to be given to dji for them to setup a software flag to recognize this mavic as stolen and pull gps coordinates to find it. Dji would probably never implement this , I dont think they care about stolen drones
I can confirm they do not care about stolen drones

Sent from my SM-G900T using MavicPilots mobile app

Got it. Thanks guys! Probably right also about a company not wanting to spend the money to add this tecnology for customers. Todays companies are based on profit not service anymore.

Couldn't satalites help tangulate (is that a word) the mavic like its does with a lost 777 (no names mentioned)

Couldn't satalites help tangulate (is that a word) the mavic like its does with a lost 777 (no names mentioned)
Triangulation from satellites is what your Mavic does using its GPS chip, sending this info to your device, if you have wifi or cellular service these coordinates are passed to Google so it can display the position on a map, without cellular or wifi you get a blue dot in the middle of a white screen unless you have cached the map for that area. Dji COULD make it so the GO app reported the Mavic's position every time it connected, and not just synced, but that is a privacy issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard