DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Technology Strobes - short review

Electromen

Reactions
I bought four Stobes HERE, white/white are the brightest. The Arc XL has six LED instead of the five shown in the photo. They are light weight and carry about a six hour charge. They're easy to mount and turn on.

I have two on the front, set to a fast strobe and two on the back at a slow strobe. I've only had them 1,600 ft out but you can easily see them. It's also easy to distinguish which way the drone is pointing by the speed of the strobes. As you know, once the drone gets past about 1/3 of a mile out, it's not always easy to see. With these strobes it's easy to see.

If you let them rest in place for over 4 minutes without flying, an audible alarm sounds, it's the Lost Drone Alarm and will beep until the light is moved or the battery dies. The alarm is rated at 90 db, it's closer to 75 db but should help to find a lost done.
I install them every time I fly.

I have the smaller firehouse strobes on my Spark but haven't mounted them on the MA2 yet.

Thanks for the link.

I might have to do some shopping. :)

I have a mavic air . will this fit a one of the arms ?
with more weight than others will it affect flight ?

if mounted on top can you readily see the strobe from front and rear view from the ground ?

Last edited:
I have the Arc XL, too. The first one I bought stopped working so I called them and they replaced it at no charge. Great customer service and a great product.

I have a mavic air . will this fit a one of the arms ?
with more weight than others will it affect flight ?

if mounted on top can you readily see the strobe from front and rear view from the ground ?
Good questions, I would email them and ask.
[email protected]

Interesting idea to have front / back with different strobe speeds. Allows using the white LEDs for max brightness but still can determine front / back. I have 2 strobes for my M2Z and I put one in front and 1 in the back. Will give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

It would be nice If they offered a single front / rear combination for purchase rather than purchase two sets.

But it is what it is. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSPencer