DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Mavic Air - Is there any location to download firmware for installation via SD card?

stefan2211

Reactions
Sorry guys, I havnt found any thread here regarding download firmware. I cant access the firmware installed in my MA. DJI assistant can't read it from my bird so I cannot reset and reinstall the firmware. I would like to try to load the firmware onto my SD card and update the MA with the DJIGo and wifi commection to MA. I cant link the MA to RC anymore. Tried all ways but fail. Do we have a link here for downlaoding firmware from a server location?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Hi Stefan, that is just not possible. A firmware change can only be done using the GO4 app or the DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC. What's more there is no way to first download and then apply the firmware; it can only be downloaded direct from DJI's servers once the AC is connected to either GO4 or Assistant 2. I am wondering if your problem has to do with not signing in with your DJI account on Assistant 2?
Sorry guys, I havnt found any thread here regarding download firmware. I cant access the firmware installed in my MA. DJI assistant can't read it from my bird so I cannot reset and reinstall the firmware. I would like to try to load the firmware onto my SD card and update the MA with the DJIGo and wifi commection to MA. I cant link the MA to RC anymore. Tried all ways but fail. Do we have a link here for downlaoding firmware from a server location?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Hi Doppler, OMG......................that hint might be the solution. I think I did not sign in. Let me try. I get back to you once I tried.

Hi Doppler, OMG......................that hint might be the solution. I think I did not sign in. Let me try. I get back to you once I tried.
WOW..............that's why this forums are priceless. All the expertise is sitting there......DOPPLER you made my 1st day in 2020..........Yes I can see my daya now after logging in. I will reset all software and try linking MA and RC again. THANKS MATE

WOW..............that's why this forums are priceless. All the expertise is sitting there......DOPPLER you made my 1st day in 2020..........Yes I can see my daya now after logging in. I will reset all software and try linking MA and RC again. THANKS MATE
Glad you got that sorted, and happy to have helped :) And hey, I can't count how many times I have relied on advice from this forum - it's a great community.

Unfortunately, it did not solve my problems. I factory reset RC and MA but still can not link them. Looks like the remot might be faulty. I can link MA and mobile phone via wifi but not wired with RC.

I have done the linking of the AC with the RC only once - when I was first setting up my MA. Never again after that and I don't remember the steps that clearly. But I do remember one thing; I couldn't get it to link using the NOKIA 7 Plus phone I was using at the time. After a number of failed attempts, I used my wife's Pixel phone and that worked flawlessly. All this to say, have you tried using a different phone?

Did you switch the MA AC to RC mode?
DanMan32, I don't get your message. How can I switch? I only know 2 ways of linking which does not require to switch anything.
1. MA via wifi to phone. I never will fly my drone this way.
2. Using remote controller with mobile phone linked to MA.

DanMan32, I don't get your message. How can I switch? I only know 2 ways of linking which does not require to switch anything.
1. MA via wifi to phone. I never will fly my drone this way.
2. Using remote controller with mobile phone linked to MA.
you can link them without phone by holding AC back button for 3 sec and RC buttons go to about 1.17 in vid

Isn't there a switch/button on the AC to switch between RC and phone-only control? I know some Mavic models do have a switch for that. A wile back someone had a link problem with his AC. Someone pointed out the switch and that did turn out to be the problem.

Isn't there a switch/button on the AC to switch between RC and phone-only control? I know some Mavic models do have a switch for that. A wile back someone had a link problem with his AC. Someone pointed out the switch and that did turn out to be the problem.
The MA does not have such a button; the MP has one, not sure about the M2s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423