DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware questions/New M2P

I do have latest firmware but I'll admit test was before .510. Still, battery change was to prolong battery life and prevent swelling. Allowing clock to reset just to read SoC would counter that goal.

OK, all my batteries except battery #2 are fully charged or almost done charging. All batteries confirmed to set to 5 days to discharge.
I'll have to remember to check SoC on all batteries on Tuesday, 11/26. if by Friday or Saturday they are down to 60%, then I am correct. If not, then you are.

OK, all my batteries except battery #2 are fully charged or almost done charging. All batteries confirmed to set to 5 days to discharge.
I'll have to remember to check SoC on all batteries on Tuesday, 11/26. if by Friday or Saturday they are down to 60%, then I am correct. If not, then you are.
Mine are set to 10 day discharge.

Periodically checked SoC of my M2 batteries throughout the week but did not turn them on. By Saturday 11/30, they had auto-discharged with only 3 LEDs lighting. So checking SoC even with current firmware does not reset the clock.

Note that even when discharge day is reached, it takes 2 days to reach target charge so you might not notice a change for another day or so.

Periodically checked SoC of my M2 batteries throughout the week but did not turn them on. By Saturday 11/30, they had auto-discharged with only 3 LEDs lighting. So checking SoC even with current firmware does not reset the clock.

Note that even when discharge day is reached, it takes 2 days to reach target charge so you might not notice a change for another day or so.
Mea culpa. You are correct. Mine too were down to 3 lights at day 6.

I could have been just as mistaken with the latest firmware. It wouldn't have made sense though, since the button could be hit when in a bag, which would defeat the purpose of auto discharging, particularly when the default time was reduced.

I'm glad we both verified it for ourselves and agreed.

I picked up a Mavic pro 2 A few months ago and got scared to fly it by all the chatter of back doors, flyaways, and no-fly zones crippling it in Orlando until I had more time to research and hack the firmware with a NLD. Work was crazy and no time to dig into it.
Now that I have the time I’m ready to start flying and after seeing gocopter1’s post maybe I should just update firmware and forget NLD. any other advice?..

I always update, why shouldn't i?

The only thing is to wait a few weeks (2 or 3) and then update.

We had the problem just days ago with the smart controller. The first update was buggy, the second too, the third seems to be OK.
But, you CAN NOT tell it by the version numbers, and the controller (in this case) doesn't update as well via WiFi, because dji is so stupid and giving all the newer updates the same version numbers!
You can just update it with the assistant (if you are lucky and it works) and verify by going to the system info tab in the controller and check the kernel numbers, not the firmware version numbers.

Well that's a device I paid 650€ for... I'm not sure if I will buy another dji product in the future...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15