DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Issue - MA2

Zeprider

Reactions
I try to be as thorough as possible...

DJI Mavic Air 2

The one and only thing I did to my drone or DJI account was to extend Care Refresh 1-more year, about 2-weeks ago.

The RC and AC are bound no problem, I think. The drone flies amazingly with or without DJI Fly. DJI Fly works as expected on both of my devices, except on one occasion the app closed four times despite repeated booting, uninstall and reinstall. It eventually ran fine. But not cool!
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.07.10
  • Remote Controller: v04.11.00.32
  • DJI Fly Android v1.5.10:
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) - Android 11 up to date as of 02/19/2022
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (SM-T500) - Android 11 up to date as of 02/19/2022

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.14 / Win 10 x64

DJI Assistant 2 recognizes both RC and AC immediately.

AC: Mavic Air2 - Selected

Current AC version 01.01.0710 no issues. Attempt upgrade to 01.01.0720 fails. File downloads successfully. Using the DJI supplied USB-A to USB-C cable, the installation elapses to varying percentages and then times out.

A large red exclamation mark inside a red circle appears with: "Update failed. Upload Error log" A click on the Upload log link returns a green “Success” response. I don’t know where it uploads to.

On one attempt the file downloaded completely and the installation went to 100%. Then it stopped, cleared the bar and started over at 0% where it then failed at 11%.

Tried the following:
  • Full 100% Battery for RC and AC
  • Multiple attempts at booting and rebooting RC and AC
  • Multiple attempts at rebooting the PC, and Android devices
  • Uninstall and reinstall applications on PC and Android
  • Clear cache and data on Android app
  • Formatting SD card
  • Removing SD card
None of these things were able to rectify the problem.

RC
: Mavic Air 2 Controller – Selected

I realize that the RC FW is up to date but it should at least play nicely. Updating FW on the RC receives an immediate error: "Cannot Load Firmware List Retry Installation Failed(Code:-3005)" And retry appears to cycle the screen with no change.

She flies great but Care Refresh is useless if I'm not on the latest FW. Any ideas folks. Appreciate the feedback in advance.

Some firmware updates are just available, not necessary, and can become a nightmare. If you like the way it flies, leave it alone. Before it turns into a brick. Enjoy

Not a lot I can help you with but will add that I have just updated my aircraft (MA2) firmware to 01.01.0720 (175mb). I haven’t flown yet but am about to so will see how it goes. There is a dji Fly app update about but it hasn’t reached these shores yet.

Reactions: Capt KO
Awesome, thanks for the replies. Yeah, I guess I could let it go. What if something happens, God forbid, what becomes of my Care Refresh plan when the drone is on an older FW? Will DJI honor it?

I gather I should just reach out to them but I hear unkind things about their less than stellar customer service, and response times.

There have been occurrences in the past having to do with some people's wifi network preferences I believe. If you do a search for wifi and firmware updates, you may find a solution. Although as I recall that was probably a year ago since I've heard anything about the wifi network issue. Just a thought.

Reactions: Zeprider
Awesome, thanks for the replies. Yeah, I guess I could let it go. What if something happens, God forbid, what becomes of my Care Refresh plan when the drone is on an older FW? Will DJI honor it?

I gather I should just reach out to them but I hear unkind things about their less than stellar customer service, and response times.
Yes, your good.

There have been occurrences in the past having to do with some people's wifi network preferences I believe. If you do a search for wifi and firmware updates, you may find a solution. Although as I recall that was probably a year ago since I've heard anything about the wifi network issue. Just a thought.
I only use Ethernet on my PC. I like to have the most/best bandwidth. WiFi is reserved for gadgets.

Have you tried updating the AC firmware through the DJI Fly app? That's how I've been doing my updates as of late and haven't had any problems.

Reactions: EmsAir
Have you tried updating the AC firmware through the DJI Fly app? That's how I've been doing my updates as of late and haven't had any problems.
Sure have, I think I mentioned it but yes. I tried every way I could think of.

Sure have, I think I mentioned it but yes. I tried every way I could think of.
I'm experiencing the exact same issues. I've made several attempts over wifi with my smart controller and directly connected to my PC with the DJI assistant app. Keeps failing. Not sure at this point what I should attempt. Just as Zeprider stated, everything works perfectly with the current version. I'm thinking I'll just leave it alone unless there are other suggestions out there I could try. Thanks everyone!

It's important to update the firmware with EACH battery installed to ensure the battery firmware is also current. Drone and Battery firmware mismatches can happen and may be problematic.

Also, once upon a time DJI told me to use DJI Assistant for Consumer as a solution to update issues.

It's important to update the firmware with EACH battery installed to ensure the battery firmware is also current. Drone and Battery firmware mismatches can happen and may be problematic.

Also, once upon a time DJI told me to use DJI Assistant for Consumer as a solution to update issues.
Just to be clear, are you saying that the firmware of the AC must be updated with each battery it uses?

Install battery #1, and update the AC to v01.01.07.20
Install battery #2, and update the AC to v01.01.07.20
Install battery #3, and update the AC to v01.01.07.20

Just to be clear, are you saying that the firmware of the AC must be updated with each battery it uses?

Install battery #1, and update the AC to v01.01.07.20
Install battery #2, and update the AC to v01.01.07.20
Install battery #3, and update the AC to v01.01.07.20
Yes. That is why I join this forum when I had trouble with the controller beeping because one of the batteries was not updated.
I update my drone using wifi sitting on my desk close to my router.

View this thread about firmware update
MAvic AIR2 update firmware to v01.01.0720

My MA2 was perfect until I updated firmware and now bricked - hope to get solution to downgrade back to previous version that was good. No previous versions showing in the assistant2 app either so now rather stuck for getting the downgrade firmware.

Somebody must know what to do as I cant be the only one with a MA2 firmware - If your drone is good beware of firmware updates unless you need it. Thats what I think and I wish that I hadnt updated mine.

Best wishes to everybody

I gave up on the update. Not bricking my bird. She flies as is.

Dont worry man. My Air 2 was hacked and running old fw and DJI still replaced it when she dropped out of the sky.

Generally speaking, in terms of FW, for the last year nothing much has been added nor improved on Air 2. I still use old .250 firmware and it flies like a dream. Most FW upgrades now are antirollbacks, security prevention and stopping modding and hacking

Any answers on this? I did the update, flew it once and now it will not show up in DJI fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143