DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Stalled 38% Mavic 2 Pro

Stitch-Up

Reactions
I haven't used my Mavic 2 Pro for months - a house move rather interrupted my fun! Now things have settled a little I decided to 'blow the dust off' my gear :)

Saturday 25th July - I made sure all batteries were fully charged and a good internet connection was available, switched on and connected. The App stated there was a Firmware update and I started the process. During the update I was prompted to disconnect and reconnect the data cable a couple of times (no errors displayed) and I left the process running. At 38% downloading/installing it just stalled! Two hours later, still 38%! Despite the message saying not to switch off, I had no option as it would probably still be on 38% days later!

I changed/recharged all batteries and then switched 'cautiously' switched on! Everything appeared to work just fine with no messages to update!

How can I check the installed firmware on the controller & Mavic to see where I'm at? What are the latest firmware versions I should have?

Many thanks

John

I haven't used my Mavic 2 Pro for months - a house move rather interrupted my fun! Now things have settled a little I decided to 'blow the dust off' my gear [emoji4]

Saturday 25th July - I made sure all batteries were fully charged and a good internet connection was available, switched on and connected. The App stated there was a Firmware update and I started the process. During the update I was prompted to disconnect and reconnect the data cable a couple of times (no errors displayed) and I left the process running. At 38% downloading/installing it just stalled! Two hours later, still 38%! Despite the message saying not to switch off, I had no option as it would probably still be on 38% days later!

I changed/recharged all batteries and then switched 'cautiously' switched on! Everything appeared to work just fine with no messages to update!

How can I check the installed firmware on the controller & Mavic to see where I'm at? What are the latest firmware versions I should have?

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

I’m curious why you were prompted to disconnect the cable, I’ve never seen this with any of the firmware updates I’ve done.

What were you using to do the updates; PC, Mac, iPhone etc?

If you connect from a PC or Mac, use DJI Assist2 while connected to your Aircraft and the Internet and it will tell you the installed versions and any newer versions available. Do the same with the Remote Controller connected next.

The batteries also have a firmware update and need to be done individually while in the aircraft. The default auto-discharge function will change to 2-days but you can change that after the update.

The RTH height also changes so you may need to set it back to what you had previously.

The latest versions from memory are .670.

Reactions: Stitch-Up
Hi SkyeHigh

Thanks for the reply :) I'll try and answer some of the questions you raised.

Firstly, this is how I set things up:
All batteries were fully charged.
I connected the Controller to the iPad Mini that had a strong WiFi/internet connection to my access point.

I was prompted to install firmware updates and followed the prompts

I have no idea why I was prompted to disconnect and reconnect the data cable - this happened twice and I just thought it was part of the process! TBH I didn't really take a great deal of notice as everything seemed pretty normal.

It was clear that things weren't wrong when the process stalled at 38%, I was very reluctant to end things as I thought I might end up with a door-stop :) However, after a while, I had little choice. I switched everything off, recharged batteries and powered up again expecting problems! Fortunately everything seemed okay and no messages to update the firmware :)

That's where I'm at, I need to check on the installed firmware to see how things went.

I am aware the latest update might/will change certain aspects as you mentioned. I'll switch it all back on shortly and see where I'm at. I never directly connected directly to my PC or used DJI Assist2 - perhaps I need to download and install this on my laptop.

Cheers

John

You can check the firmware installed in the DJIGO4 app. If you use a phone the phone needs either WiFi or service for the app to check. If a SC it needs WiFi connection. You will see all the firmware listed and if a update is available it will tell you.
You can also use DJI assistant for Mavic software and connect your drone, controller to have it check what version you have installed. It will also show the latest firmware available and allow for an upgrade.
Not sure why it asked you to remove the data cable during your installation as that IMO would stop any download.
I would check.
Paul C

Thanks guys,

Today I installed DJI Assist 2, logged in to my account and then connected the Mavic 2 Pro. It confirmed the current installed firmware was:

v01.00.0510

I updated to:

v01.00.0670

When I connected the controller to the rebooted Mavic 2 Pro, the controller reported an upgrade was available for it - I downloaded and installed it.

Hopefully I'm now completely up to date. Inserting the batteries didn't show any update was needed.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks guys,

Today I installed DJI Assist 2, logged in to my account and then connected the Mavic 2 Pro. It confirmed the current installed firmware was:

v01.00.0510

I updated to:

v01.00.0670

When I connected the controller to the rebooted Mavic 2 Pro, the controller reported an upgrade was available for it - I downloaded and installed it.

Hopefully I'm now completely up to date. Inserting the batteries didn't show any update was needed.

Thanks for the help.

That’s good to hear. You may get the battery update message when you connect the RC to the Aircraft on a future flight. It usually pops-up as an incompatible software version, still safe to fly but should be updated.

I forced my batteries to update with the Mavic 2 connected to DJI Assistant 2 and then hit the Check for update option. I did the same for each battery in turn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan