DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update

Eagle430

Reactions
Last night I updated the firmware of my Mavic 3, in the firmware update notes it was saying something about brake sensitivity ? Does this mean that the harsh braking issue is now fixed? Also where is the brake sensitivity adjustment?

Yes. In my opinion, the hard braking issue is fixed. Well, this may be subjective for the use case. But here is my why I think it is fixed. My case is that I wanted to roll up on something (in this case lighting on a property and come to a smooth stop without having to fix it in post production. I lowered the number to the lowest on the 10-150 scale. (I still don't understand that crazy range and it feels arbitrary to me...). Anyways, 10 is too low and the drone keeps moving far too long for me to feel comfy. But yes, once you dial in a range that works, (40 is my go-to number) it feels like it comes to a natural stop and the gimbal jerk is now minimized. Still there when looking at the drone, but not present in the footage.

Screenshot_20221130-225949.png

Reactions: E.151
Yes. In my opinion, the hard braking issue is fixed. Well, this may be subjective for the use case. But here is my why I think it is fixed. My case is that I wanted to roll up on something (in this case lighting on a property and come to a smooth stop without having to fix it in post production. I lowered the number to the lowest on the 10-150 scale. (I still don't understand that crazy range and it feels arbitrary to me...). Anyways, 10 is too low and the drone keeps moving far too long for me to feel comfy. But yes, once you dial in a range that works, (40 is my go-to number) it feels like it comes to a natural stop and the gimbal jerk is now minimized. Still there when looking at the drone, but not present in the footage.

View attachment 157783
Where are these settings? Couldn't find them on the fly app

View attachment 157783
Do you have obstacle avoidance on? If you turn it off the drone flies even smoother and the jerks at stopping are pretty much gone. Do not know why the obstacle avoidance affects how the drone flies even when there are no obstacles around but it does.

Reactions: JoelP and TonyPHX
Do you have obstacle avoidance on? If you turn it off the drone flies even smoother and the jerks at stopping are pretty much gone. Do not know why the obstacle avoidance affects how the drone flies even when there are no obstacles around but it does.
Yes if you turn obstacle avoidance to by pass instead of stop the issue is almost gone , fixed BUT I don't know how safe this is? I mean I prefer the drone to stop when it detects an obstacle and I will decide how to by pass the obstacle than rely on the drone to decide , I ve seen a lot of videos from the Mavic 3 bypass obstacle that the drone is messing it up and ends up hitting the obstacle

Yes if you turn obstacle avoidance to by pass instead of stop the issue is almost gone , fixed BUT I don't know how safe this is? I mean I prefer the drone to stop when it detects an obstacle and I will decide how to by pass the obstacle than rely on the drone to decide , I ve seen a lot of videos from the Mavic 3 bypass obstacle that the drone is messing it up and ends up hitting the obstacle
I ment to turn it off completely. Give it a try if you had not already. It is night and day difference. The obstacle avoidance stop or bypass alters the flight characteristics to make the controlls feel rubbery.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I find it a bit risky to turn it off as there are a lot of cases of obstacles that you can not see

I find it a bit risky to turn it off as there are a lot of cases of obstacles that you can not see
If you are flying in environment where possibility of hitting something is high then yes, by all means leave the obstacle avoidance on. I fly mostly in vast open spaces and in relatively close proximity where I can clearly see the drone, so I can live with the OAS turned off by default. But it is worth trying how the M3 flies with it turned off. It is a treat 🙂

I dont know why DJI have done such a big error and after several firmware updates they have not corrected this issue. Mavic 2 pro didn't had such issues even when flying on sport mode

Reactions: TonyPHX
I was not aware of this. Good insight thank you!

Under gain and expo as shown in the screen shot.
Still can't find them are you talking about the Mavic 2 menu? In the fly app I still have under the Control Setting --->Advanced --- EXP only nothing for brake sensitivity in the Fly App

Sorry my mistake, I should have updated the fly app as well , after updating the fly app as well I can now see these settings

Reactions: TonyPHX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo