DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware updates for the Mini 3 Pro RC controller and drone

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
when i turned on my RC controller after returning home from a days flying, i was greeted with a message about a firmware update for the RC ,so after downloading it,and installing ,on switching off the controller and then back on again, i was prompted to download firmware for the drone ,this requires the drone to be powered up ,then when its all been installed ,the drone will shut itself off, and then you have to turn it on again for it to be finalised
the only difference i have noticed so far is before the update in safety settings the chosen setting for metric or imperial ect on the screen readouts for distance , hight , speed, needed setting each time the controller was turned on or off ,since the update ,my preferred setting imperial stays locked on

Reactions: scooot
I just updated mine today, too. There is some functionality added to the right dial in combination with pressing the C1 or C2 button.
  • Zoom In/Out
  • Adjust Focal Length
  • Adjust EV
  • Adjust Shutter Speed
  • Adjust ISO
Of course, the focal length can't be adjusted on the Mini 3 Pro. The EV adjustment works only in auto exposure mode and the shutter speed and ISO adjustments work only in manual exposure mode.

One thing to watch for - My smart controller and drone were unlinked during the update. There was no indication that it had happened until I'd climbed to nearly 100 feet, when a message appeared that the controller and drone weren't linked. The re-linking went fine.

No other problems noted, though I didn't have time to do much before a small rain shower shut things down.

Last edited:
I just updated mine today, too. There is some functionality added to the right dial in combination with pressing the C1 or C2 button.
  • Zoom In/Out
  • Adjust Focal Length
  • Adjust EV
  • Adjust Shutter Speed
  • Adjust ISO
Of course, the focal length can't be adjusted on the Mini 3 Pro. The EV adjustment works only in auto exposure mode and the shutter speed and ISO adjustments work only in manual exposure mode.

One thing to watch for - My smart controller and drone were unlinked during the update. There was no indication that it had happened until I'd climbed to nearly 100 feet, when a message appeared that the controller and drone weren't linked. The re-linking went fine.

No other problems noted, though I didn't have time to do much before a small rain shower shut things down.
If not linked how could you fly at all?

If not linked how could you fly at all?
That was pretty much my thinking when I saw the message appear. Big problem. But the drone behaved normally and I landed it right away. I re-paired it and there have been no further problems in two more flights.

Error messages in software don't always accurately describe the event that triggered them. Programmers get lazy and use what's already set up or just don't anticipate a set of circumstances that trigger an error condition. I'd had to restart the firmware update after a wifi issue and I suspect that there was something related to that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser