Join Us Now

firmware

stikflote

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My phone is telling me to download and install Mini 2 firmware

the Maini 2 is flying ok ,
do i need to install the firmware ,.

I use the same phone to fly my Air 2s.??

You'll find some folks who say that new firmware is risky. There are some situations where an update prevents using a third party software or prevents tweaking the drone functions in software. Those situations are pretty specialized and I'm not aware of any significant situations with the Mini 2. Perhaps someone else can comment.

I install firmware and software updates promptly when they're released. I've never had a problem. Updates include bug fixes, new features, and fine tuning changes. I haven't flown my Mini 2 in several months, so it's probably time for me to fire it up and update it.

There are no issues updating your Mini 2 firmware and using the same phone to fly another drone. The Mini 2 firmware resides only in the drone, not the controller.

Nothing exciting was added by the last few Mini 2 firmware updates but you might as well do it so it stops nagging if you are not using 3rd party FCC hacking firmware.
First try doing it with your phone, make sure you have internet access. If you battle you could download Assistant on your PC and install it. Be sure to install 'Assistant for consumer drones', there's more than one Assistant version, I'll paste the download link for you below.
Using the PC with Mini 2 is slightly tricky, you have to be quick to connect it to USB once powered up else it goes into charging mode and Assistant does not pick it up.
Assistant for consumer drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1