DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First 2 Days - First 2 Issues

moldorf

Reactions
ok...got a new Mini 3 late Monday. After 5 flights I am having a couple of problems. One has been talked about here, a little. Not sure about the other

1) when using a plus battery in Sport mode, I have been getting the battery over-current message. I have 3 plus batteries and they have all had that warning. When I switch to the standard battery, set to sport mode...no issue. I have gone thru the process of updating the battery firmware on the plus batteries. Over-current is still a problem. Not sure what to do about it

2) the other issue is with precision landing. My drone will RTH and if I let it land itself without adjustment it will land 5-8 feet ahead of it's takeoff point. It seems to be in-line with the flight departure path, but I get the "home point has been updated" message before I fly. I have done a couple of compass calibrations; a couple of IMU calibrations; and an RC calibration. But the precision landing isn't working well. Now, it has been fairly windy, but ironically, if the drone was screwing up the landing based upon the wind it would be behind home point instead of in front of it

I can work around these issues but I am wondering if I have either a drone flaw or an RC flaw. Anybody got any ideas?

2) the other issue is with precision landing. My drone will RTH and if I let it land itself without adjustment it will land 5-8 feet ahead of it's takeoff point.
Search the manual and there's no mention of Precision Landing.
That's a good indication that the Mini 3 doesn't have that feature.
Yours is using GPS alone and that can easily be out by a few feet.
No amount of recalibrating will make any difference.
But it's no problem.
You can always cancel an RTH autolanding and land wherever you want.

ok...got a new Mini 3 late Monday. After 5 flights I am having a couple of problems. One has been talked about here, a little. Not sure about the other

1) when using a plus battery in Sport mode, I have been getting the battery over-current message. I have 3 plus batteries and they have all had that warning. When I switch to the standard battery, set to sport mode...no issue. I have gone thru the process of updating the battery firmware on the plus batteries. Over-current is still a problem. Not sure what to do about it

2) the other issue is with precision landing. My drone will RTH and if I let it land itself without adjustment it will land 5-8 feet ahead of it's takeoff point. It seems to be in-line with the flight departure path, but I get the "home point has been updated" message before I fly. I have done a couple of compass calibrations; a couple of IMU calibrations; and an RC calibration. But the precision landing isn't working well. Now, it has been fairly windy, but ironically, if the drone was screwing up the landing based upon the wind it would be behind home point instead of in front of it

I can work around these issues but I am wondering if I have either a drone flaw or an RC flaw. Anybody got any ideas?
I got the overcurrent message earlier tonight with a standard battery while flying in sport mode full speed backwards and full climb. Looks like not isolated to plus batteries.

Is it windy when you get the overcurrent warnings? I was in sport mode checking out the limits tonight and didn't get any warnings. Basically no wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54